London Banter

-   -   underground journey times (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/3895-underground-journey-times.html)

John Doe February 24th 06 04:38 PM

underground journey times

does anyone know how long it will take me to get from waterloo to wood green
by underground tomorrow morning?

cheers james

Bob Wood February 24th 06 05:06 PM

underground journey times

In ,
john doe typed:

does anyone know how long it will take me to get from waterloo to
wood green by underground tomorrow morning?

No. But most people would guess something just under 40 minutes
including changes.

--
Bob

David Biddulph February 24th 06 05:58 PM

underground journey times

Between 28 & 32 minutes, accordig to http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk/
--
David Biddulph

Paul Corfield February 24th 06 08:31 PM

underground journey times

On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 17:38:19 GMT, "john doe"
wrote:

does anyone know how long it will take me to get from waterloo to wood green
by underground tomorrow morning?

depending on where you change lines and the time of day (i.e early or
not) I would estimate between 35 and 40 minutes. I'd personally
recommend you change at Piccadilly Circus having taken the Bakerloo line
from Waterloo. Changing at Green Park (from the Jubilee) or Leicester
Square (from the Northern) involves longer walks and more steps that at
Piccadilly Circus.

Note that the Piccadilly Line has engineering works west of Hyde Park
Corner so it might be slightly less frequent than it normally is on a
Saturday.

If you had time you could, of course, take a 243 bus direct from
Waterloo all the way to Wood Green. In the earlier part of the day it
is unlikely to encounter very much traffic so it could be an easier
option. The full timetable is available here

http://www.londonbusroutes.net/times/243.htm

Bus stop details at Waterloo are available here

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/buses/spiders/...oo-station.pdf

--
Paul C

asdf February 24th 06 09:16 PM

underground journey times

On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 21:31:08 +0000, Paul Corfield
wrote:

depending on where you change lines and the time of day (i.e early or
not) I would estimate between 35 and 40 minutes. I'd personally
recommend you change at Piccadilly Circus having taken the Bakerloo line
from Waterloo. Changing at Green Park (from the Jubilee) or Leicester
Square (from the Northern) involves longer walks and more steps that at
Piccadilly Circus.

I'd even suggest changing at Oxford Circus and Finsbury Park - very
short walks and no steps at all.