Old March 1st 06, 10:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Letter to London Buses

I emailed this to TfL today - will keep the group posted on any
experience of waiting at these lights every morning(although to be
fair, the buses aren't actually any worse than the other drivers on the
Seven Sisters Road at ignoring box junction rules):

"I'd like to congratulate the driver of Arriva bus registration
LJ03MDF. Going east along the Seven Sisters Road outside Finsbury Park
station at 8:35am this morning, he waited at a green light for the box
junction ahead of him to clear, even though this ended up meaning that
the lights turned red in front of him and he had to wait for the next
green cycle.

"This is the first time I've *ever* seen a bus obey the box junction
rules at this junction... indeed, I'd started to believe that buses
were exempt from box junction rules. So I'd like this man to be held up
in front of all bus drivers as a beacon of responsibility (and,
ideally, promoted to giving other bus drivers masterclasses on how to
obey driving laws)."

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org

Old March 2nd 06, 09:07 AM posted to uk.transport.london

John B wrote:

"This is the first time I've *ever* seen a bus obey the box junction rules
at this junction."

On a 73 bendy down Oxford St the other day the driver was doing this all
along to not block side streets.

M.