Old March 14th 06, 12:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster card help line - why so crap?

Why is staff at Oyster card help line so useless?. You call them,
explain your problem/issue and they say "I will get back to you
shortly". A few days later you call back and can never speak to the
same person ("he/she is not available. I'll get him/her to call you
back").

Wait few days, and you call again ......

Also, why do they always insisting that you FAX your issue/problem to
them?. Someone should teach them how to use e-mail.

Old March 14th 06, 02:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london
TKD TKD is offline

Why is staff at Oyster card help line so useless?. You call them,
explain your problem/issue and they say "I will get back to you
shortly". A few days later you call back and can never speak to the
same person ("he/she is not available. I'll get him/her to call you
back").

Wait few days, and you call again ......

Also, why do they always insisting that you FAX your issue/problem to
them?. Someone should teach them how to use e-mail.

I woudn't bother with the "help" line. Use the email option in the "ask
oyster" section of the TfL website. Emails seem to get dealt with much more
quickly and the people who answer seem to have a clue what is going on.

Old March 14th 06, 03:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Thanks. I have done this.

Old March 14th 06, 10:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london

TKD wrote:
Why is staff at Oyster card help line so useless?. You call them,
explain your problem/issue and they say "I will get back to you
shortly". A few days later you call back and can never speak to the
same person ("he/she is not available. I'll get him/her to call you
back").

Wait few days, and you call again ......

Also, why do they always insisting that you FAX your issue/problem to
them?. Someone should teach them how to use e-mail.

I woudn't bother with the "help" line. Use the email option in the "ask
oyster" section of the TfL website. Emails seem to get dealt with much more
quickly and the people who answer seem to have a clue what is going on.

Agreed - they're much easier to deal with.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7
Old March 15th 06, 06:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london

I can't get any sense from them either - and they seem ready to
disclose passwords and registration details as long as you have your
Oyster card number at hand.

Since registering with Oyster over two years ago, I have never been
able to log on to the website to top up or check usage etc. I have
called the helpdesk numerous times (perhaps the input O2 and 02
perhaps? Misspelt my password?)

"No, we have your email address as xxxxxx and your password is xxxxxxx"

(Still didn't work).