Old March 16th 06, 10:30 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default London & SE Groupsave

Has anyone had any experience of buying Groupsave tickets from some of
the further out stations listed in the map:

http://www.daysoutguide.co.uk/docs/GroupSaveMap.pdf

It seems odd that Groupsave would be available from somewhere like
Hereford or Paignton, but not from Swindon! I assume that's an NSE
leftover...

I've tried putting in 4 passengers for certain journeys into the NRES
online planner, but it won't throw up a Groupsave fare.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7

Old March 16th 06, 04:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In ,
Dave Arquati typed:

Has anyone had any experience of buying Groupsave tickets from some of
the further out stations listed in the map:

http://www.daysoutguide.co.uk/docs/GroupSaveMap.pdf

It seems odd that Groupsave would be available from somewhere like
Hereford or Paignton, but not from Swindon! I assume that's an NSE
leftover...

I've tried putting in 4 passengers for certain journeys into the NRES
online planner, but it won't throw up a Groupsave fare.

FGW issue GroupSave tickets, so they should be available on Swindon.
But remember that they are only available on CDR, SSR and SVR tickets.
FGW has a webpage somewhere which lists days/services on which GroupSave
is not available (mainly in connection with sporting events in Cardiff).
The only FGW service on which GroupSave is never available is the
Penzance sleeper.

As far as I know none of the on-line planners ever offer GroupSave
tickets.

--
Bob