London Banter

-   -   Oyster data (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/3998-oyster-data.html)

Roland Perry March 19th 06 06:33 PM

Oyster data

Police are increasingly turning to Oyster travel cards to track
criminals' movements, according to new figures.

The smartcards, used by five million Londoners, record details
of each bus, Tube or train journey made by the holder over the
previous eight weeks.

The Metropolitan Police said it was a "straightforward
investigative tool" used on a case-by-case basis.

MIG March 19th 06 07:33 PM

Oyster data

Roland Perry wrote:
Police are increasingly turning to Oyster travel cards to track
criminals' movements, according to new figures.

The smartcards, used by five million Londoners, record details
of each bus, Tube or train journey made by the holder over the
previous eight weeks.

The Metropolitan Police said it was a "straightforward
investigative tool" used on a case-by-case basis.

I think you mean that they are tracking all of our movements until such
time that they deem us to be criminals.

Roland Perry March 19th 06 07:53 PM

Oyster data

In message .com, at
12:33:08 on Sun, 19 Mar 2006, MIG
remarked:
Police are increasingly turning to Oyster travel cards to track
criminals' movements, according to new figures.

The smartcards, used by five million Londoners, record details
of each bus, Tube or train journey made by the holder over the
previous eight weeks.

The Metropolitan Police said it was a "straightforward
investigative tool" used on a case-by-case basis.

I think you mean that they are tracking all of our movements until such
time that they deem us to be criminals.

I don't mean anything, I was merely quoting the BBC.

MIG March 20th 06 12:57 AM

Oyster data

Roland Perry wrote:
In message .com, at
12:33:08 on Sun, 19 Mar 2006, MIG
remarked:
Police are increasingly turning to Oyster travel cards to track
criminals' movements, according to new figures.

The smartcards, used by five million Londoners, record details
of each bus, Tube or train journey made by the holder over the
previous eight weeks.

The Metropolitan Police said it was a "straightforward
investigative tool" used on a case-by-case basis.

I think you mean that they are tracking all of our movements until such
time that they deem us to be criminals.

I don't mean anything, I was merely quoting the BBC.

Fair enough. I mean I think that's what the risk has always been and
always will be, whatever the original intention, and the information
won't self-destruct after eight weeks if someone wants to change policy.