London Banter

-   -   difference between Gold Record Card and Record Card (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/4030-difference-between-gold-record-card.html)

David Howdon March 29th 06 02:41 PM

difference between Gold Record Card and Record Card

Is there a difference between the Record Card given to me when I
purchased a travel card earlier today and the Gold Record Card which I
received when purchasing the ticket last year?

--
To contact me take a davidhowdon and add a @yahoo.co.uk to the end.

TKD March 29th 06 05:10 PM

difference between Gold Record Card and Record Card

Is there a difference between the Record Card given to me when I
purchased a travel card earlier today and the Gold Record Card which I
received when purchasing the ticket last year?

The Gold Record Card is used to get discounts you would have been entitled
to if you had bought a paper annual travelcard.

The normal Record Card serves no function but would come in handy if your
Oyster card stopped working and you wanted to prove you have a valid
ticket. Even though it has "NOT VALID FOR TRAVEL" written across it.

Peter Smyth March 29th 06 05:10 PM

difference between Gold Record Card and Record Card

"David Howdon" wrote in
message ...
Is there a difference between the Record Card given to me when I purchased
a travel card earlier today and the Gold Record Card which I received when
purchasing the ticket last year?

The Gold record card is for annual travelcards only and gives you various
benefits such as 1/3 off off-peak rail fares in the South East.

Peter Smyth

David Howdon March 29th 06 09:54 PM

difference between Gold Record Card and Record Card

Peter Smyth wrote:
"David Howdon" wrote in
message ...
Is there a difference between the Record Card given to me when I purchased
a travel card earlier today and the Gold Record Card which I received when
purchasing the ticket last year?

The Gold record card is for annual travelcards only and gives you various
benefits such as 1/3 off off-peak rail fares in the South East.

But what I purchased was an annual travelcard (just as it has been in
previous years) so is there something about buying travel cards on
Oyster that means I don't get a Gold Record Card anymore?

--
To contact me take a davidhowdon and add a @yahoo.co.uk to the end.

Milkshake March 29th 06 10:35 PM

difference between Gold Record Card and Record Card

"David Howdon" wrote in
message ...
Peter Smyth wrote:
"David Howdon" wrote in
message ...
Is there a difference between the Record Card given to me when I
purchased a travel card earlier today and the Gold Record Card which I
received when purchasing the ticket last year?

The Gold record card is for annual travelcards only and gives you various
benefits such as 1/3 off off-peak rail fares in the South East.

But what I purchased was an annual travelcard (just as it has been in
previous years) so is there something about buying travel cards on Oyster
that means I don't get a Gold Record Card anymore?

No, it just means the clerk put the wrong stock in the printer...