London Banter

-   -   OT; Sewer Gas powered Gas light! (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/4057-ot-sewer-gas-powered-gas.html)

[email protected] April 11th 06 01:04 PM

OT; Sewer Gas powered Gas light!

Does anyone know exactly where the last one of these is? I think its
just off the Strand somewhere, possibly the back of the Savoy?

Ian Jelf April 11th 06 02:51 PM

OT; Sewer Gas powered Gas light!

In message .com,
writes
Does anyone know exactly where the last one of these is? I think its
just off the Strand somewhere, possibly the back of the Savoy?

I don't know about it being the *last* one but the one I know is indeed
behind the Savoy.

From the Strand, go down the narrow alleyway immediately to the right of
the "Coal Hole" PH and it's along on the left hand side.
--
Ian Jelf, MITG
Birmingham, UK

http://www.bluebadge.demon.co.uk

Jim Brittin April 11th 06 02:57 PM

OT; Sewer Gas powered Gas light!

In article .com,
says...
Does anyone know exactly where the last one of these is? I think its
just off the Strand somewhere, possibly the back of the Savoy?

AFAIK Carting Lane

Paul Terry April 11th 06 03:11 PM

OT; Sewer Gas powered Gas light!

In message .com,
writes

Does anyone know exactly where the last one of these is? I think its
just off the Strand somewhere, possibly the back of the Savoy?

Carting Lane - running down the west side of the Savoy.

--
Paul Terry