London Banter

-   -   Exciting news on Thameslink 2000 (now "Thameslink Project") (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/4116-exciting-news-thameslink-2000-now.html)

[email protected] May 4th 06 12:40 PM

Exciting news on Thameslink 2000 (now "Thameslink Project")

Good news on the start dates...

http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/i...nge_please.php

Before losing the franchise, Thameslink had set up the Thameslink 2000
initiative which included plans to expand the network, reduce
overcrowding and increase the frequency of services.

A spokesman added: "The Thameslink 2000 project is a Network Rail
project it is a bit of a misnomer to call it Thameslink. The project is
now just called the Thameslink Project'. As far as I am aware, it is
still to go ahead, although it has not been decided when, and funding
still has to be finalised. It is not envisaged that work will start on
the project for many years yet.

Paul Corfield May 4th 06 04:13 PM

On 4 May 2006 05:40:37 -0700, wrote:

Good news on the start dates...

http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/i...nge_please.php

What an appalling article. Full of snippets from press releases and then
combined with a load of old largely irrelevant tittle tattle.
--
Paul C

Ken May 5th 06 01:29 PM

Exciting news on Thameslink 2000 (now "Thameslink Project")

On 4 May 2006 05:40:37 -0700, wrote:

Good news on the start dates...

http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/i...nge_please.php

Before losing the franchise, Thameslink had set up the Thameslink 2000
initiative which included plans to expand the network, reduce
overcrowding and increase the frequency of services.

Wasn't Thameslink, the franchisee, named after Thameslink, the
project? By which I mean the idea of running N-S services through the
reopened Snow Hill Tunnel?

Thameslink2000 is simply a later expansion of the original Thameslink
idea.

Jeremy Parker May 5th 06 01:44 PM

Exciting news on Thameslink 2000 (now "Thameslink Project")

http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/i...nge_please.php

Before losing the franchise, Thameslink had set up the Thameslink

2000
initiative which included plans to expand the network, reduce
overcrowding and increase the frequency of services.

What bad luck, to be hit by that overcrowding problem, and the drop
in demand caused by 7/7, both at the same time.

Jeremy Parker

Jack Taylor May 5th 06 04:19 PM

Ken wrote:

Wasn't Thameslink, the franchisee, named after Thameslink, the
project? By which I mean the idea of running N-S services through the
reopened Snow Hill Tunnel?

No. There has never been a franchisee called "Thameslink". The franchisee
was GoVia which traded using the name "Thameslink" for its services in the
same way that First Group trade as "First Capital Connect" now. Perhaps you
meant the franchise?

Nick Leverton May 5th 06 07:45 PM

Exciting news on Thameslink 2000 (now "Thameslink Project")

In article . com,
wrote:

A spokesman added: "The Thameslink 2000 project is a Network Rail
project it is a bit of a misnomer to call it Thameslink. The project is
now just called the Thameslink Project'.

I think he meant to say, "The Thameslink 2000 project is now 15 years
late and counting so it is a bit of a misnomer to call it Thameslink 2000.
That is why the project is now just called the Thameslink Project, it's
less embarrassing for all concerned in putting off the decisions."

Nick