London Banter

-   -   Central Line Refund (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/412-central-line-refund.html)

Ed Crowley July 28th 03 08:58 AM

Central Line Refund

"Zac" wrote in message

Eventually got my Central Line refund through today. A Cheque for £50 to
make up for the misery of 2+ months of disruption.

This was for a Zone 1,2 & 3 travelcard.

Is this about right ?

What did anyone else get ?

My girlfriend who used the line every day and was greatly inconvenienced got
£50. I use the line occasionally and I got ... £50. Hmm, I see a pattern
emerging here!

Zac July 28th 03 09:21 AM

Central Line Refund

"Ed Crowley" wrote in message

"Zac" wrote in message

Eventually got my Central Line refund through today. A Cheque for £50

make up for the misery of 2+ months of disruption.

This was for a Zone 1,2 & 3 travelcard.

Is this about right ?

What did anyone else get ?

My girlfriend who used the line every day and was greatly inconvenienced

got
£50. I use the line occasionally and I got ... £50. Hmm, I see a pattern
emerging here!

There is supposed to be an appeals procedure, might be worth a try. I

t seems as though they are back tracking from what they said in February Re
: Refunds. May be they were trying to "Buy" everyone off and then realised
it was going to cost millions.

Darryl Chamberlain August 2nd 03 05:29 PM

Central Line Refund

"Ed Crowley" wrote in message t...
"Zac" wrote in message

Eventually got my Central Line refund through today. A Cheque for £50 to
make up for the misery of 2+ months of disruption.

This was for a Zone 1,2 & 3 travelcard.

My girlfriend who used the line every day and was greatly inconvenienced got
£50. I use the line occasionally and I got ... £50. Hmm, I see a pattern
emerging here!

I got £50 too, it arrived on Friday. How long was it out for, 10
weeks? It seems London Underground prices quality of life at £1 per
day. It seems if you start elsewhere in London and change to the
Central to go out of the centre, you get £50. I've heard of a £100
cheque being issued, but I don't know what kind of journey that was
for.

Darryl

M J Forbes August 4th 03 07:20 AM

Central Line Refund

"Darryl Chamberlain" wrote in message
om...
"Ed Crowley" wrote in message

t...
"Zac" wrote in message

Eventually got my Central Line refund through today. A Cheque for £50

make up for the misery of 2+ months of disruption.

This was for a Zone 1,2 & 3 travelcard.

My girlfriend who used the line every day and was greatly inconvenienced

got
£50. I use the line occasionally and I got ... £50. Hmm, I see a

pattern
emerging here!

I got £50 too, it arrived on Friday. How long was it out for, 10
weeks? It seems London Underground prices quality of life at £1 per
day. It seems if you start elsewhere in London and change to the
Central to go out of the centre, you get £50. I've heard of a £100
cheque being issued, but I don't know what kind of journey that was
for.

A colleague of mine received £288 (Hainault - Ox Circus)