Old May 29th 06, 04:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster charter refunds

I've searched the web and google and it suggests you should be able to
get a charter refund added to the card, alas

https://www.tfl.gov.uk/tube/contacts/refund-form.asp

Only offers the refund as "Credit voucher" - am I being thick or have
they withdrawn the most convenient option - the cynic thinks to deter
claims.

Can the credit voucher be added to the card or am I going to get a
voucher that will allow me to purchase the cash fare only rather then
the oyster fare.

Interesting to note, the only reason I am claiming this refund is the
the tube was screwed I had to get off and get a bus and the station
staff refused to refund my journey - because I had travelled - despite
them not getting me to my destination - what a crock of ****.

Old May 29th 06, 05:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london

steve wrote:
I've searched the web and google and it suggests you should be able to
get a charter refund added to the card, alas

https://www.tfl.gov.uk/tube/contacts/refund-form.asp

Only offers the refund as "Credit voucher" - am I being thick or have
they withdrawn the most convenient option - the cynic thinks to deter
claims.

Can the credit voucher be added to the card or am I going to get a
voucher that will allow me to purchase the cash fare only rather then
the oyster fare.

Interesting to note, the only reason I am claiming this refund is the
the tube was screwed I had to get off and get a bus and the station
staff refused to refund my journey - because I had travelled - despite
them not getting me to my destination - what a crock of ****.

I once got a voucher for a bus journey where the bus broke down; when I
went to use it at a Tube station, the guy in the ticket office put it
onto my Oyster (although it seemed like a lot of effort for 80p...).

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7
Old May 29th 06, 06:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london
TKD TKD is offline

"steve" wrote in message
I've searched the web and google and it suggests you should be able to
get a charter refund added to the card, alas

https://www.tfl.gov.uk/tube/contacts/refund-form.asp

Only offers the refund as "Credit voucher" - am I being thick or have
they withdrawn the most convenient option - the cynic thinks to deter
claims.

Can the credit voucher be added to the card or am I going to get a
voucher that will allow me to purchase the cash fare only rather then the
oyster fare.

Interesting to note, the only reason I am claiming this refund is the the
tube was screwed I had to get off and get a bus and the station staff
refused to refund my journey - because I had travelled - despite them not
getting me to my destination - what a crock of ****.

I've had a refund for two bus journeys because part of the District Line
was shut for a few hours and I had to go via bus to complete my journey. I
emailed via "Ask Oyster" and explained what happened and they added the
refund to my card within a week (I specified that I wanted the refund that
way and gave my local station). I did not fill in any forms or even mention
any charter, just that I'd been overcharged/inconvenienced. This was before
September last year so I don't know if they have stopped doing this since
then.

Old May 30th 06, 08:30 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Sam Sam is offline

"steve" wrote in message
I've searched the web and google and it suggests you should be able to get
a charter refund added to the card, alas

https://www.tfl.gov.uk/tube/contacts/refund-form.asp

Only offers the refund as "Credit voucher" - am I being thick or have they
withdrawn the most convenient option - the cynic thinks to deter claims.

Can the credit voucher be added to the card or am I going to get a voucher
that will allow me to purchase the cash fare only rather then the oyster
fare.

The charge to card was available thro the online form for a couple of days I
believe and then disappeared not to be seen again.

When you receive the voucher in the post you can have it added to your
oyster at a station

Old June 4th 06, 06:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 30 May 2006 09:30:27 +0100, "Sam" wrote:

"steve" wrote in message
I've searched the web and google and it suggests you should be able to get
a charter refund added to the card, alas

https://www.tfl.gov.uk/tube/contacts/refund-form.asp

Only offers the refund as "Credit voucher" - am I being thick or have they
withdrawn the most convenient option - the cynic thinks to deter claims.

Can the credit voucher be added to the card or am I going to get a voucher
that will allow me to purchase the cash fare only rather then the oyster
fare.

The charge to card was available thro the online form for a couple of days I
believe and then disappeared not to be seen again.

When you receive the voucher in the post you can have it added to your
oyster at a station

Indeed. And if you make Customer Charter claims as a National Rail
paper Travelcard season ticket holder, you get refunded the full CASH
fare which for me is £3 instead of £1 I would get if I had an Oyster
card (I assume if you have an Oyster card you are only refunded the
pay as you go fare?).

Nicholas