Old June 14th 06, 07:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Trooping the Colour

Hi, I was interested in seeing Trooping the Colour on Saturday from the
Mall. Could you suggest when I should try to arrive, and by what method
of transportation (from King's Cross)? Does the Queen process down the
Mall in both directions or is it only worth watching her go from Horse
Guards Parade towards Buckingham Palace?
--
Michael Hoffman

Old June 14th 06, 02:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Michael Hoffman" wrote in message
Hi, I was interested in seeing Trooping the Colour on Saturday from the
Mall. Could you suggest when I should try to arrive, and by what method of
transportation (from King's Cross)? Does the Queen process down the Mall
in both directions or is it only worth watching her go from Horse Guards
Parade towards Buckingham Palace?
--
Michael Hoffman

You could try http://www.trooping-the-colour.co.uk/. If they don't know,
nobody does!

MaxB

Old June 14th 06, 04:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Simon wrote:

Hi, I was interested in seeing Trooping the Colour on Saturday from the
Mall. Could you suggest when I should try to arrive,

Early. Well before 10am.

Hmmmm, will 9:30 be early enough? Or do I need to come earlier.

Thanks for all the info, Simon! This has been very helpful. I have just
been trying to guess, and extensive Googling has turned up no helpful hints.
--
Michael Hoffman
Old June 14th 06, 06:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 08:19:07 +0100, Michael Hoffman
wrote:

Hi, I was interested in seeing Trooping the Colour on Saturday from the
Mall. Could you suggest when I should try to arrive, and by what method
of transportation (from King's Cross)? Does the Queen process down the
Mall in both directions or is it only worth watching her go from Horse
Guards Parade towards Buckingham Palace?

I've never been but an obvious link is to use the Picc Line to Leicester
Square or Piccadilly Circus and head south down Charing Cross Rd, across
T Sq and into the Mall (for Leic Sq) or head down Lower Regent St and
Waterloo Place (for Picc Circus). There are steps down from Waterloo
Place to the Mall. Both of these options get you to the North side of
the Mall.

If you want to get close to Horse Guards then I think the St James Park
option is better. It also means you are on the south side of the
procession and you have more chance to move about along the route of the
procession. Being south side will also aid photography as there will be
less risk of pointing your camera into the sun and shooting in shadow.

Don't forget to check what engineering works there are on the tube /
national rail this weekend.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tube/travelinf...me/planned.asp
http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/servic...AndFuture.html

--
Paul C

Old June 14th 06, 06:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Simon wrote:

Hi, I was interested in seeing Trooping the Colour on Saturday from the
Mall. Could you suggest when I should try to arrive,

Early. Well before 10am.

Hmmmm, will 9:30 be early enough? Or do I need to come earlier.

Thanks for all the info, Simon! This has been very helpful. I have just
been trying to guess, and extensive Googling has turned up no helpful
hints.
--
Michael Hoffman

Enjoy your day

I have attended once and stood outside Buckingham Palace right next to the
where the Household Cavalry were in position.

My God was it loud when the band played the National Anthem.

It was nice to see the Queen up close instead of on TV.