Old June 20th 06, 08:15 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default BBC "Underground Ernie"

I've finally managed to see an episode of this. (I'm researching some
stuff to do with Camden Town from home today, so felt that this would
qualify as Continuing professional Development).

It's a *lot* of fun. I certainly have a soft spot for "Bakerloo"!

Oh well, back to writing about the tomb of Sir John Soane....... :-(
--
Ian Jelf, MITG
Birmingham, UK

http://www.bluebadge.demon.co.uk

Old June 20th 06, 04:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 09:15:49 +0100, Ian Jelf
wrote:

I've finally managed to see an episode of this. (I'm researching some
stuff to do with Camden Town from home today, so felt that this would
qualify as Continuing professional Development).

LOL!

It's a *lot* of fun. I certainly have a soft spot for "Bakerloo"!

There are too many examples where reality is rather close to the cartoon
for comfort. Putting Mr Rails in charge of the signalling computer and
all the trains going to the wrong place was most amusing.
--
Paul C

Old June 20th 06, 04:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

I've finally managed to see an episode of this. (I'm researching some
stuff to do with Camden Town from home today, so felt that this would
qualify as Continuing professional Development).

LOL!

It's a *lot* of fun. I certainly have a soft spot for "Bakerloo"!

There are too many examples where reality is rather close to the cartoon
for comfort. Putting Mr Rails in charge of the signalling computer and
all the trains going to the wrong place was most amusing.

....as was one I saw last week where Circle was being told not be late
like the usual!

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7
Old June 23rd 06, 01:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Kev Kev is offline

wrote:

I've finally managed to see an episode of this. (I'm researching some
stuff to do with Camden Town from home today, so felt that this would
qualify as Continuing professional Development).

LOL!

It's a *lot* of fun. I certainly have a soft spot for "Bakerloo"!

There are too many examples where reality is rather close to the cartoon
for comfort. Putting Mr Rails in charge of the signalling computer and
all the trains going to the wrong place was most amusing.

...as was one I saw last week where Circle was being told not be late
like the usual!

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7

I've only seen the posters on the underground. What happened to the
positive conductor rail and why does Ernie look as though he is only 2
feet tall.

Kevin

Old June 24th 06, 11:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 23 Jun 2006, Kev wrote:

Dave Arquati wrote:
Paul Corfield wrote:

There are too many examples where reality is rather close to the cartoon
for comfort. Putting Mr Rails in charge of the signalling computer and
all the trains going to the wrong place was most amusing.

...as was one I saw last week where Circle was being told not be late
like the usual!

I've only seen the posters on the underground. What happened to the
positive conductor rail and why does Ernie look as though he is only 2
feet tall.

And how come there are bins on the platform?

tom

--
TORG GROWS TIRED OF OBEYING PUNY HUMANS. SOON TORG WILL BREAK FREE AND
CRUSH THEM WITH HIS METAL CLAWS. In the meantime, Torg enjoys making

Old June 26th 06, 06:15 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Kev" wrote in
oups.com:

wrote:

[...]

The positive conductor rail was deleted on the grounds of "Don't try this
at home!" :-)