Old June 23rd 06, 09:28 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Will Oyster PP be valid on the NLL ?

Kev wrote:
But then when do the train operators ever give a toss about the
passengers. I suppose the hope is that people who use Kilburn High Rd
and South Hampstead will get so ****ed off they will find other routes
and then these two stations can be closed. So that will free up
capacity at Euston, two sites that can be sold for development, two
stations that don't have to be staffed or maintained and a bunch of
passengers who have to find an alternative route to work.
A success story all round. Now where I have I heard the one about
running services down before. I'll give Queens Park to the NLL 2 or 3
years then that will go the way of Croxley ang the Graham Rd curve.

I work near South Hampstead station. It's currently completely useless
to me. The new service will make it useful to me. I don't know how many
people like me there are compared to the number of people who work at
Euston and commute from KHR or SH, but I suspect the latter number at
least isn't large. And if they work elsewhere than Euston, the new
service won't make life any harder for them.

Remember in the 1980s when Broad St was closed? I'm sure you would have
said "the new Richmond-North Woolwich link is just a case of running
services down; I'll give it 2 years before the whole lot is closed;
obviously everyone wants to go to the City not to the depths of the
East End".

--
john Band
john at johnband dot org

Old June 23rd 06, 09:35 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Richard M Willis wrote:

If LUL really want to goto Watford Junction, they might do better than
actually getting the Metro Line connected to the old Croxley Green
spur (the one whose rails have been lifted, but which isn't officially
closed)

The plan is to do both. However, the Croxley link is dependent on
Hertfordshire Country Council, who are arguably less PT-friendly than
TfL.
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tube/company/p...ley-rail-link/

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org

Old June 23rd 06, 01:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 23 Jun 2006 02:35:31 -0700, John B wrote:

If LUL really want to goto Watford Junction, they might do better than
actually getting the Metro Line connected to the old Croxley Green
spur (the one whose rails have been lifted, but which isn't officially
closed)

The plan is to do both. However, the Croxley link is dependent on
Hertfordshire Country Council, who are arguably less PT-friendly than
TfL.
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tube/company/p...ley-rail-link/

It's also dependent on the DfT, who are the ones holding things up at
the moment.