London Banter

-   -   Oxford Street current affairs (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/4245-oxford-street-current-affairs.html)

Tom Anderson June 24th 06 11:41 AM

Oxford Street current affairs

Afternoon all,

Last night, Oxford Street was closed for some sort of roadworks (and will
be until monday). I asked a workman (not one of the ones doing the
roadworks; he was just sort of hanging around) about it, and he said he
didn't know what it was for, but he thought it was a test, in some way
related to the tube. Anyone know the truth?

tom

--
TORG GROWS TIRED OF OBEYING PUNY HUMANS. SOON TORG WILL BREAK FREE AND
CRUSH THEM WITH HIS METAL CLAWS. In the meantime, Torg enjoys making

Paul Terry June 25th 06 08:35 AM

Oxford Street current affairs

In message , Tom
Anderson writes

Last night, Oxford Street was closed for some sort of roadworks (and
will be until monday). I asked a workman (not one of the ones doing the
roadworks; he was just sort of hanging around) about it, and he said he
didn't know what it was for, but he thought it was a test, in some way
related to the tube. Anyone know the truth?

According to the TfL site, there are diversions due to a "crane
operation" around the Cavendish Square area - almost certainly another
giant crane going in to the John Lewis store for the rebuild.

--
Paul Terry