London Banter

-   -   Gatwick Express (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/4257-gatwick-express.html)

News_Demon June 27th 06 09:51 AM

Gatwick Express

Its been a while since I have used this.

Do their tickets machines at Victoria accept Credit Cards?

Cheers

John B June 27th 06 11:18 AM

Gatwick Express

News_Demon (removespam) wrote:
Its been a while since I have used this.

Do their tickets machines at Victoria accept Credit Cards?

Yes. Alternatively, their platforms at Victoria aren't barriered and
you can buy a full range of tickets on the train without a surchage[*], from a member of staff who also accepts credit cards.
[*] this may not be true for railcard tickets, or at least isn't on
Stansted Express.

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org

Colin Rosenstiel June 28th 06 11:06 PM

Gatwick Express

In article .com,
(John B) wrote:

News_Demon (removespam) wrote:
Its been a while since I have used this.

Do their tickets machines at Victoria accept Credit Cards?

Yes. Alternatively, their platforms at Victoria aren't barriered and
you can buy a full range of tickets on the train without a surchage
[*], from a member of staff who also accepts credit cards.

[*] this may not be true for railcard tickets, or at least isn't on
Stansted Express.

Which railcards do GatEx accept?

--
Colin Rosenstiel

John B June 29th 06 07:37 AM

Gatwick Express

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:
Its been a while since I have used this.

Do their tickets machines at Victoria accept Credit Cards?

Yes. Alternatively, their platforms at Victoria aren't barriered and
you can buy a full range of tickets on the train without a surchage
[*], from a member of staff who also accepts credit cards.

[*] this may not be true for railcard tickets, or at least isn't on
Stansted Express.

Which railcards do GatEx accept?

The usual range (but not the Network Railcard). Although they charge
premium fares, they're a proper TOC not a weird anomaly like HEx.

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org

Colin Rosenstiel June 29th 06 11:16 AM

Gatwick Express

In article . com,
(John B) wrote:

Which railcards do GatEx accept?

The usual range (but not the Network Railcard).

Aye there's the rub then.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Neil Williams June 29th 06 11:58 AM

Gatwick Express

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:
In article . com,
(John B) wrote:

Which railcards do GatEx accept?

The usual range (but not the Network Railcard).

Aye there's the rub then.

It's because they are a former InterCity operator. Out of interest -
and this will be relevant to me from July when my last YP runs out -
does it still apply that you can't use Network Railcard tickets on any
of the IC operators, or is GatEx the only one left?

Neil

John B June 29th 06 12:30 PM

Gatwick Express

Neil Williams wrote:
Which railcards do GatEx accept?

The usual range (but not the Network Railcard).

Aye there's the rub then.

It's because they are a former InterCity operator. Out of interest -
and this will be relevant to me from July when my last YP runs out -
does it still apply that you can't use Network Railcard tickets on any
of the IC operators, or is GatEx the only one left?

I believe so - certainly they're valid on both Virgins, MML, FGW and
One.

You can only use Network Railcard tickets on GNER if it's the weekend
and you're travelling to Stevenage, but this is because of the weird
rule about Peterborough not being in the historic NSE area (even though
the likes of Milton Keynes and King's Lynn are) combined with the
tenner weekday minimum fare.

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org