London Banter

-   -   Ticketless Buses Zone 1? (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/429-ticketless-buses-zone-1-a.html)

Ed Crowley July 30th 03 03:58 PM

Ticketless Buses Zone 1?

"Mait001" wrote in message
Why this fixation with queueing, when it's not the most time-efficient
way of loading the bus?

Neil

Because it is the FAIREST system of using public transport (or any other
activity where demand exceeds supply.

Or, should we adopt a system whereby "points" are awarded on merit so that

some
people can board first. In the "queue-jump" category, what about:

- those with prepaid tickets
- those going to work
- those going to an exam at school (but not otherwise for normal school
activities)
- those going on a hot date
- those attending an urgent hospital appointment
- those with painful medical conditions

And for the "back of the queue", what about:
- those stupid enough not to have a prepaid ticket
- the unemployed
- pensioners
- tourists

Pensioners and the unemployed should be banned from public transport as I
find the grim reminder of death and poverty puts me off my Latte...