London Banter

-   -   Local paper "Save Our Seats" (Met) campaign (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/4291-local-paper-save-our-seats.html)

asdf July 5th 06 04:43 PM

Local paper "Save Our Seats" (Met) campaign

The Harrow Observer, Pinner Observer, etc, have started a "Save Our
Seats" campaign on their front pages regarding the planned S Stock
seating layout, which would be common to the whole sub-surface network
(rather then being different according to the needs of each line, as
at present).

They say that the design of the new stock has entered its first phase
of consultation, and that the reduction in seats on the Metropolitan
would amount to 30%.

(Unfortunately this is only in the paper editions - there doesn't seem
to be much information available about it on the web.)

[email protected] July 5th 06 06:16 PM

Local paper "Save Our Seats" (Met) campaign

I believe Metronet are considering adding some extra seats to the 8-car
(Met Main) formations now.

When all deliveries are complete and timetable improvements take place
these might then be removed without reducing seats-per-hour from A
Stock days.

Well that's what the propoganda says.