London Banter

-   -   has anyone booked a cab online? (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/4298-has-anyone-booked-cab-online.html)

XIIX July 6th 06 04:52 PM

has anyone booked a cab online?

Hey, has anyone else booked a cab online. I did the other night. Was
much cheaper than taking a black cab. the cab arrived on time and i
arrived home safely. By prepaying i didn't even have to go looking for
money at the end of a lonnng night :-) I think its a good idea, any
comments.
i used http://www.minicabsinlondon.com and will again :-D

Ian F. July 6th 06 05:50 PM

has anyone booked a cab online?

"XIIX" wrote in message
ps.com...

Hey, has anyone else booked a cab online.

Hey Mr. Spammer, you're quoting me over £50 from Balham to Gatwick. My
most expensive local firm charges £28.

So **** off!

Ian

Adrian July 6th 06 05:54 PM

has anyone booked a cab online?

Ian F. ) gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying :

Hey, has anyone else booked a cab online.

Hey Mr. Spammer, you're quoting me over £50 from Balham to Gatwick. My
most expensive local firm charges £28.

Sarf o' the river, this time o' night? Nah, mate...

Ian F. July 6th 06 06:49 PM

has anyone booked a cab online?

"Adrian" wrote in message
. 244.170...

Sarf o' the river, this time o' night? Nah, mate...

A few years ago, I'm standing in Shaftesbury Avenue at night, waiting for
a cab. Black cab comes along with no light on, but pulls up to me.

Cabbie: "I'm going home, mate."
Ian: "Where do you live?"
Cabbie: (thinks) "Er...Clapham."
Ian: "Great. I live in Balham!"
Cabbie: "Jump in."

One mile later...

Cabbie: "I had you down as a Jewish guy, like me. Thought you'd say you
lived in Hampstead or Golders Green or somewhere."
Ian: "I am Jewish, but I live in Balham."
Cabbie: "Serves me right, I suppose!"

Ian

Dave Newt July 7th 06 10:40 PM

has anyone booked a cab online?

Ian F. wrote:
"Adrian" wrote in message
. 244.170...

Sarf o' the river, this time o' night? Nah, mate...

A few years ago, I'm standing in Shaftesbury Avenue at night, waiting for
a cab. Black cab comes along with no light on, but pulls up to me.

Cabbie: "I'm going home, mate."
Ian: "Where do you live?"
Cabbie: (thinks) "Er...Clapham."
Ian: "Great. I live in Balham!"
Cabbie: "Jump in."

One mile later...

Cabbie: "I had you down as a Jewish guy, like me. Thought you'd say you
lived in Hampstead or Golders Green or somewhere."
Ian: "I am Jewish, but I live in Balham."
Cabbie: "Serves me right, I suppose!"

It's a funny story, but I don't understand why he'd stop and offer if he
didn't want to give you a lift.

Ian F. July 8th 06 08:12 AM

"Dave Newt" wrote in message

It's a funny story, but I don't understand why he'd stop and offer if he
didn't want to give you a lift.

No idea - it's a mystery. Maybe he was hoping for something to where he
actually lived (Forest Hill), although that doesn't really stack up. And
he didn't charge me when we got to Balham!

Ian

[email protected] July 10th 06 02:17 PM

XIIX wrote:
Hey, has anyone else booked a cab online. I did the other night. Was
much cheaper than taking a black cab. the cab arrived on time and i
arrived home safely. By prepaying i didn't even have to go looking for
money at the end of a lonnng night :-) I think its a good idea, any
comments. i used http://www.minicabsinlondon.com and will again :-D

My guess is that "Liberty Car Service", in the person of Naresh
Mahtani, could be the (cough) satisfied customer of the cab company. I
could be wrong ;-)

Registrant:
Liberty Car Service
Studio 21, 56 Magnet Road South,