Old July 15th 06, 01:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default 2009 stock

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message
On Sat, 15 Jul 2006 03:34:10 +0100, "John Rowland"
wrote:

Paul Corfield wrote:

The mock up will be sited in a marquee designed to resemble a
platform.

I can't help but wonder why they didn't use a disused platform at Holborn,
Charing Cross or Liverpool Street.

Presumably because all of those platforms are sectioned off from the
remainder of the stations in question and there may be issues about
allowing large volumes of people into those areas which are not normally
publicly accessible. It would also require people to hold tickets to
enter real platform areas while the Euston Square display will not
require payment.

Plus of course the fact that it might be a bit of a bugger getting a
(presumably) static mock up of a tube car down there...
visual
four blokes in hi-vi's one on each corner of a tube car with no wheels - "to
you 'arry, round to the left Fred, look out Sid, mind the escalator! THUD!
Err, Sid? Oh bugger, who's got the first aid box..."
/visual

--
Cheers, Steve.
Change from jealous to sad to reply.

Old July 15th 06, 02:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 15 Jul 2006 01:44:53 -0700, "MIG"
wrote:

John Rowland wrote:
Hi all,

I have been informed that a mock up of the 2009 stock is being assembled
outside Euston Station. That is all I know.

Does anyone know why 2009 stock is being named after the year when it
will be introduced, when previous stock seems been named after the year
when it was ordered (eg D78 stock introduced in 1980 and so on)?

Ask us again in 2010 :-)

Charlie
--
Remove NO-SPOO-PLEASE from my email address to reply
Please send no unsolicited email or foodstuffs
Old July 15th 06, 09:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, 15 Jul 2006 13:11:44 GMT, "Steve Dulieu"
wrote:

Plus of course the fact that it might be a bit of a bugger getting a
(presumably) static mock up of a tube car down there...
visual
four blokes in hi-vi's one on each corner of a tube car with no wheels - "to
you 'arry, round to the left Fred, look out Sid, mind the escalator! THUD!
Err, Sid? Oh bugger, who's got the first aid box..."
/visual

reminds me of a certain advert for tea bags.
--
Paul C

Old July 15th 06, 09:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

John Rowland wrote:
Hi all,

I have been informed that a mock up of the 2009 stock is being assembled
outside Euston Station. That is all I know.

Does anyone know why 2009 stock is being named after the year when it
will be introduced, when previous stock seems been named after the year
when it was ordered (eg D78 stock introduced in 1980 and so on)?

Ask us again in 2010 :-)

Charlie

Is it going to be the same as Connect 2000, 2001, 2002...repeat to fade

Old July 15th 06, 10:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

I can't help but wonder why they didn't use a disused platform at Holborn,
Charing Cross or Liverpool Street.

there may be issues about allowing large volumes of people into those areas

Surely all the better to replicate the ... er ... ambience of the
Victoria Line in normal operating conditions?
--
gordon