Old July 18th 06, 02:49 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit
Kev Kev is offline

Default Mixed bag for transport schemes - Watford Junction Redevelopment & Croxley Link

wrote:

If our beloved politicians cannot deal with a simple project like the
Croxley Link, that gives enormous benefits for little outlay, what hope
is there for the UK's transportation infrastructure? This is very
disappointing.

Adrian.

The best part of £100m is not what I would call a little outlay but
compared to the likes of the Dome then it is peanuts.

kevin

Old July 18th 06, 07:04 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit
THC THC is offline

Solario wrote:
Does this GBP100,000.000.00 factor in the money generated be
redeveloping Watford (Met.) station and the related RoW?

Or the £18million promised by Ken through TfL's five-year investment
programme? I think not.

The most recent cost quoted for the Croxley Link was on the TfL site
and was £65m (2004 prices). I can't see how, even with construction
inflation, that the last two years would have seen a 50%+ increase in
this figure. Take away Ken's £18m from the last available price and
we're back to around £50million.

Put another eway, it's about half the cost of a white-elephant guided
busway in Cambridgeshire... ;-)

THC

Old July 19th 06, 09:29 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit
Kev Kev is offline

THC wrote:
Solario wrote:
Does this GBP100,000.000.00 factor in the money generated be
redeveloping Watford (Met.) station and the related RoW?

Or the £18million promised by Ken through TfL's five-year investment
programme? I think not.

The most recent cost quoted for the Croxley Link was on the TfL site
and was £65m (2004 prices). I can't see how, even with construction
inflation, that the last two years would have seen a 50%+ increase in
this figure. Take away Ken's £18m from the last available price and
we're back to around £50million.

Put another eway, it's about half the cost of a white-elephant guided
busway in Cambridgeshire... ;-)

THC

This came up about a year ago and the price quoted was ninety something
million pounds, certainly not £65m. That was construction costs, I
assume. I have no idea what the source of funds was, ie did it include
any beneifits from redeveopment of Watford Met station.
I don't see what Ken's (not that it is his anyway) £18m has to do with
it.If it costs say £95m then it cost £95m, the fact that £18 come
from TfL or the EU for that matter doesn't affect what you are getting
for the best part of £100m.

Kevin

Old July 19th 06, 05:12 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit
THC THC is offline

I've placed a request under FOIA with the DfT - I'll report back if any
information they send throws any light on this...

THC