London Banter

-   -   What is wrong with the tube tonight? (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/4330-what-wrong-tube-tonight.html)

C! July 20th 06 04:38 PM

What is wrong with the tube tonight?

Mr Sissons on BBC News just said all lines have severe delays due to
faulty comms and that has caused the Victoria line to close.

Anyone know anything more about this?

Chris

Alan OBrien July 20th 06 05:27 PM

What is wrong with the tube tonight?

"C!" wrote in message
ups.com...
Mr Sissons on BBC News just said all lines have severe delays due to
faulty comms and that has caused the Victoria line to close.

Anyone know anything more about this?

Comms problems affecting all lines - severe delays everywhere; Vic Line
shut - fire at Victoria. Oxo shut - overcrowded.

Oh boy am I glad I am at home!! This could be a record-breaker!

Isaac Abraham July 20th 06 07:51 PM

What is wrong with the tube tonight?

Alan OBrien wrote:
"C!" wrote in message
ups.com...
Mr Sissons on BBC News just said all lines have severe delays due to
faulty comms and that has caused the Victoria line to close.

Anyone know anything more about this?

Comms problems affecting all lines - severe delays everywhere; Vic Line
shut - fire at Victoria. Oxo shut - overcrowded.

Oh boy am I glad I am at home!! This could be a record-breaker!

Typical Tube mis- and dis-information. How could comms problems affect
the Met, Circle, Hammersmith & City, and Bakerloo all at the same time?
Another claim form beckons...

chunky munky July 20th 06 09:14 PM

What is wrong with the tube tonight?

One of the Telephone Exchanges "crashed". Millions of times more
critical to the radio than the Train Radio. Very rare for it to happen.

Isaac Abraham wrote:

Alan OBrien wrote:
ups.com...

John B July 20th 06 09:53 PM

Chunky munky wrote:
One of the Telephone Exchanges "crashed". Millions of times more
critical to the radio than the Train Radio. Very rare for it to happen.

Yay, I win my "bet with self". (self-given-odds: 50% unforgivable
****up by LUL; 25% another bunch of terrorist *******s; 25% "mysterious
security reasons").

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org

chunky munky July 20th 06 10:01 PM

What is wrong with the tube tonight?

I meant to type
One of the Telephone Exchanges "crashed". Millions of times more
critical to the Railway than the Train Radio. Very rare for it to happen thankfully

chunky munky wrote:

One of the Telephone Exchanges "crashed". Millions of times more
critical to the radio than the Train Radio. Very rare for it to happen.

Isaac Abraham wrote:

Alan OBrien wrote:
ups.com...

Ian F. July 22nd 06 10:52 PM

What is wrong with the tube tonight?

"John B" wrote in message
oups.com...

Yay, I win my "bet with self". (self-given-odds: 50% unforgivable
****up by LUL; 25% another bunch of terrorist *******s; 25% "mysterious
security reasons").

I'm surprised it wasn't blamed on Israel - everything else is at the
moment.

Ian