Old August 4th 06, 09:26 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Kev Kev is offline

Default North Circular Closed

Can anybody throw any light on the A406 being closed westbound, I
understand around the Walthamstow area. Just need to know if I need to
start planning altenative routes for this evening.

Kevin

Old August 4th 06, 10:53 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Kev wrote:
Can anybody throw any light on the A406 being closed westbound, I
understand around the Walthamstow area. Just need to know if I need to
start planning altenative routes for this evening.

A406 closed westbound only between Waterwork's Corner and the Crooked
Billet because of a serious accident. - from the BBC website.

--
Bob

Old August 4th 06, 10:54 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Kev wrote:
Can anybody throw any light on the A406 being closed westbound, I
understand around the Walthamstow area. Just need to know if I need
to start planning altenative routes for this evening.

From the RAC at 11:35:

A406 Westbound Woodford, North Circular Road Junction With Woodford New
Road (A104) (Waterworks Roundabout) The road is closed due to an
accident. A diversion is in operation.

From the BBC at 11:49:

A406 Greater London Southend Road (North Circular Road) closed westbound
between the Waterwork's [sic] Corner junction and the Crooked Billet
Interchange junction in Walthamstow, because of a serious accident.
--
Richard J.

Old August 4th 06, 10:58 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Kev wrote:
Can anybody throw any light on the A406 being closed westbound, I
understand around the Walthamstow area. Just need to know if I need to
start planning altenative routes for this evening.

My apologies for the CAPITALS - copy-and-pasted from the BBC website:

A406 SOUTHEND ROAD (NORTH CIRCULAR ROAD)
WALTHAMSTOW
WESTBOUND BETWEEN A104 WOODFORD NEW ROAD (WATERWORK'S CORNER) AND A112
CHINGFORD ROAD (CROOKED BILLET INTERCHANGE)

QUEUEING TRAFFIC AND ROAD CLOSED DUE TO SERIOUS ACCIDENT AND RECOVERY
WORK
SEVERAL VEHICLES INVOLVED. POLICE AND AMBULANCE AND THE SCENE. LONG
DELAYS IN THE AREA. POLICE ARE BACKING TRAPPED TRAFFIC OUT OF THE
CLOSURE AREA. EXPECTED TO BE CLOSED UNTIL APPROXIMATELY MIDDAY. SOURCE :
CCTV IMAGE.
UPDATED: 04/08/2006 11:30:30

--
Bob

Old August 4th 06, 12:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Bob Wood wrote:

Kev wrote:
Can anybody throw any light on the A406 being closed westbound, I
understand around the Walthamstow area. Just need to know if I need
to start planning altenative routes for this evening.

My apologies for the CAPITALS - copy-and-pasted from the BBC
website:
A406 SOUTHEND ROAD (NORTH CIRCULAR ROAD)
WALTHAMSTOW
WESTBOUND BETWEEN A104 WOODFORD NEW ROAD (WATERWORK'S CORNER) AND A112
CHINGFORD ROAD (CROOKED BILLET INTERCHANGE)

QUEUEING TRAFFIC AND ROAD CLOSED DUE TO SERIOUS ACCIDENT AND RECOVERY
WORK
SEVERAL VEHICLES INVOLVED. POLICE AND AMBULANCE AND THE SCENE. LONG
DELAYS IN THE AREA. POLICE ARE BACKING TRAPPED TRAFFIC OUT OF THE
CLOSURE AREA. EXPECTED TO BE CLOSED UNTIL APPROXIMATELY MIDDAY.
SOURCE : CCTV IMAGE.
UPDATED: 04/08/2006 11:30:30

Now reported as 'cleared' at 12:50

Bob