Old August 8th 06, 01:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Kev Kev is offline

Default Falloden Way

Does anybody know the post code for Falloden Way in Finchely? There has
been water leak there for weeks now with water gushing out but Thames
Water can't tell me what is happening as I can't give them the post
code.
I pointed out that I just drive past this leak everyday so why should I
know what the post code is. Shouldn't they take their responsilities
seriously and check up on this oh hang on a minute this is a f**king
water company we are talking about, how stupid of me.
I am surprised that the locals haven't set up a pump connected to a
sprinkler but I bet that would be illegal.

Kevin

Old August 8th 06, 02:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Kev ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying
:

Does anybody know the post code for Falloden Way in Finchely? There has
been water leak there for weeks now with water gushing out but Thames
Water can't tell me what is happening as I can't give them the post
code.
I pointed out that I just drive past this leak everyday so why should I
know what the post code is.

RoyalMail's website has an address-to-postcode search.

Falloden Way is big enough that there's a bunch of postcodes depending on
what number the leak's outside.

Try NW11 6JD (90-136)

Old August 8th 06, 02:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 8 Aug 2006 06:40:50 -0700, Kev wrote:
Does anybody know the post code for Falloden Way in Finchely? There has
been water leak there for weeks now with water gushing out but Thames
Water can't tell me what is happening as I can't give them the post
code.

Falloden Way has at least 7 postcodes on along it (NW11 6LD,E,G,J,P,S&U).

www.streetmap.co.uk will allow you to point at the bit of the road
with the leak and then convert the coordinates to the nearest
postcode.

David
Old August 8th 06, 02:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Kev Kev is offline

David Walters wrote:

www.streetmap.co.uk will allow you to point at the bit of the road
with the leak and then convert the coordinates to the nearest
postcode.

How does that bit work? It is somewhere near Westholm, Midholm and
Eastholm Close. I can't seem to get it to convert to a postcode.

Kevin

Old August 8th 06, 03:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Kev wrote:
www.streetmap.co.uk will allow you to point at the bit of the road
with the leak and then convert the coordinates to the nearest
postcode.

How does that bit work? It is somewhere near Westholm, Midholm and
Eastholm Close. I can't seem to get it to convert to a postcode.

There's a tiny link below the "ask.com" box in white-on-blue text, just
above the black-on-yellow line that says "all technology copyright BTex
Ltd", which says:

"Location is at 525718E 189047N (N51:35:11 W0:11:12) Click here to
convert/measure coordinates"

If you follow this link, it gives you all kinds of coordinates
including the postcode (and yes, from its levels of visibility it might
as well be in a wardrobe in a cellar behind a sign labelled Beware of
the Leopard).

It's a shame that, despite having really good mapping and lots of
features, Streetmap is so badly designed as to be almost unusable to
the casual reader. Meanwhile, Google Maps is eminently usable, but the
maps are so crap that anyone who tried to rely on them would instantly
become lost forever.

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org

Old August 8th 06, 03:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Kev Kev is offline

John B wrote:
Kev wrote:
[...]

It worked,its NW11. I was also asking about a legend and I was posted a
link that took me direct to it but I am damned if I can find a legend
when I look up a map.

Kevin

Old August 8th 06, 04:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 8 Aug 2006 08:06:05 -0700, John B
wrote in .com:
It's a shame that, despite having really good mapping and lots of
features, Streetmap is so badly designed as to be almost unusable to
the casual reader. Meanwhile, Google Maps is eminently usable, but the
maps are so crap that anyone who tried to rely on them would instantly
become lost forever.

Have you tried using Google Maps on the Isle of Man?

--
Ivan Reid, Electronic & Computer Engineering, ___ CMS Collaboration,
Brunel University. ] Room 40-1-B12, CERN
Old August 8th 06, 04:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Dr Ivan D. Reid wrote:
It's a shame that, despite having really good mapping and lots of
features, Streetmap is so badly designed as to be almost unusable to
the casual reader. Meanwhile, Google Maps is eminently usable, but the
maps are so crap that anyone who tried to rely on them would instantly
become lost forever.

Have you tried using Google Maps on the Isle of Man?

I'd heard that the Isle of Man wasn't well endowed with interesting
activities and places, but I didn't realise quite how much of a blank,
featureless desert it really was.

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org