London Banter

-   -   West London Line - new station operating! (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/4371-west-london-line-new-station.html)

Richard J. August 15th 06 08:52 AM

Various WLL questions. Was West London Line - new station operating!

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:
In article . com,
() wrote:

Does anyone know when the station (and other associated
infrastructure) at Grove Road Station was demolished / removed? Is
it my imagination, or do I recall still seeing bits of this line
(apart from he structure that sits alongside the District Line,
West of Hammersmith Station, of course, which is still there)
remaining into the early 1970s?

I don't remember there being anything much left there when I used to
spot trolleybuses nearby in 1960-2.

There is still a bridge abutment, and I think a section of embankment,
in Trussley Road between Hammersmith Grove and the Hammersmith & City
Line.

--
Richard J.

Colin Rosenstiel August 15th 06 10:49 AM

Various WLL questions. Was West London Line - new station operating!

In article ,
(Richard J.) wrote:

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:
In article . com,
() wrote:

Does anyone know when the station (and other associated
infrastructure) at Grove Road Station was demolished / removed?
Is it my imagination, or do I recall still seeing bits of this line
(apart from he structure that sits alongside the District Line,
West of Hammersmith Station, of course, which is still there)
remaining into the early 1970s?

I don't remember there being anything much left there when I used
to spot trolleybuses nearby in 1960-2.

There is still a bridge abutment, and I think a section of
embankment, in Trussley Road between Hammersmith Grove and the
Hammersmith & City Line.

Yes, I think that was all there was in 1960-2.

--
Colin Rosenstiel