Old August 22nd 06, 07:52 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Going to Carnival?

This should help http://www.quickmap.com/carnival/a2.htm !!

Old August 22nd 06, 03:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 22 Aug 2006 00:52:05 -0700, "Andrew" wrote:

This should help http://www.quickmap.com/carnival/a2.htm !!

It would be helpful, if the damn thing would stop changing every few
seconds.

Just as you're figuring out the tube stations, it morphs into a bus
map, etc.

Spectacularly useless, sorry.
Old August 22nd 06, 10:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Peter Frimberley wrote:
On 22 Aug 2006 00:52:05 -0700, "Andrew" wrote:

This should help http://www.quickmap.com/carnival/a2.htm !!

It would be helpful, if the damn thing would stop changing every few
seconds.

Just as you're figuring out the tube stations, it morphs into a bus
map, etc.

It shows Queensway station as closed, but it's open now, including this
weekend.

Much better to use TfL's information at
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/explore-lo...l-carnival.asp
which includes a link to a downloadable leaflet.
--
Richard J.

Old August 23rd 06, 08:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Andrew wrote:

This should help http://www.quickmap.com/carnival/a2.htm !!

But it doesn't show where to get a knife proof vest or where the
nearest phone boxes are to call the police from when you've been
mugged.

Incidentaly , when did it stop being "the carnival" and co-opted the
word itself just becoming "Carnival" as if its the most important
carnival
that ever existed , rather than some street festival full of 2nd rate
dancing , cheesy constumes and delinquents on street corners?

B2003

Old August 24th 06, 06:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Sorry you don't like it, Peter - but thanks for letting us know about
Queensway. We accidentally uploaded the 05 mapmovie by mistake. If we
can, we'll a pause button.

Old August 27th 06, 04:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Boltar wrote:
Andrew wrote:

This should help http://www.quickmap.com/carnival/a2.htm !!

But it doesn't show where to get a knife proof vest or where the
nearest phone boxes are to call the police from when you've been
mugged.

Incidentaly , when did it stop being "the carnival" and co-opted the
word itself just becoming "Carnival" as if its the most important
carnival
that ever existed , rather than some street festival full of 2nd rate
dancing , cheesy constumes and delinquents on street corners?

B2003

It's okay Boltar - at least you will be safer there than anywhere else
in London. I doubt if al Quaeda will risk anything there with the
10,000 - yes TEN THOUSAND - Police officers on duty to keep safe the
so-called "festivities"!

As for when the indefinite article was dropped from "the carnival",
it's been a few years, much to the amusement of my politically
incorrect friends. Another absence of the indefinite arrticle coming
into fashion is "youth" as in "what youth of South London want is....".
I am not sure whether it is COMPULSORY to use a Caribbean accent when
making those references, but invariably that is my experience. (And,
before anyone starts, my father is from the Caribbean.)

Marc.

Old August 27th 06, 04:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:
Boltar wrote:
Andrew wrote:

[...]

Sorry, I should have, of course, said "definite article"!

M.