London Banter

-   -   London Victoria Rail and Coach Stations Link (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/4412-london-victoria-rail-coach-stations.html)

[email protected] August 23rd 06 10:34 PM

London Victoria Rail and Coach Stations Link

Curious to know if there is currently a minibus shuttle between
Victoria Rail and Coach Stations. I think there has been on occasion in
the past. The distance between the two is far enough to be a pain for
less able travellers but perhaps not far enough to justify a shuttle
bus?
--
gordon

Dave Arquati August 24th 06 12:03 AM

wrote:
Curious to know if there is currently a minibus shuttle between
Victoria Rail and Coach Stations. I think there has been on occasion in
the past. The distance between the two is far enough to be a pain for
less able travellers but perhaps not far enough to justify a shuttle
bus?

There's no shuttle that I know of, although buses 11, 211, 239, C1 and
C10 run from just outside Victoria station (either the bus station or
stop R in Buckingham Palace Road) to stop V directly opposite the coach
station departures area. In the other direction, C1 operates from stop Y
just outside the arrivals area, whilst the other buses call at stop W
just outside the departures area. Unfortunately, it'd cost you for the
privilege!

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7

MIG August 24th 06 07:11 PM

Dave Arquati wrote:
wrote:
Curious to know if there is currently a minibus shuttle between
Victoria Rail and Coach Stations. I think there has been on occasion in
the past. The distance between the two is far enough to be a pain for
less able travellers but perhaps not far enough to justify a shuttle
bus?

There's no shuttle that I know of, although buses 11, 211, 239, C1 and
C10 run from just outside Victoria station (either the bus station or
stop R in Buckingham Palace Road) to stop V directly opposite the coach
station departures area. In the other direction, C1 operates from stop Y
just outside the arrivals area, whilst the other buses call at stop W
just outside the departures area. Unfortunately, it'd cost you for the
privilege!

If I'm going from the southeast to Victoria Coach Station, I tend to go
to Charing Cross, where the 11 is much easier to pick up. Not such an
easy option from Southern though.

[email protected] August 29th 06 12:46 PM

MIG wrote:

Dave Arquati wrote:
wrote:
[...]

I think there has been at least two attemps to run a shuttle bus
between Victoria Rail and Victoria Coach. I think they both failed due
to lack of demand. / customers not preapred to pay an economic fare.