Old September 19th 06, 06:38 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Wrong Oyster information

James Farrar wrote:
On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 12:29:35 +0100, Peter Frimberley
wrote:

On 18 Sep 2006 03:35:12 -0700, "MIG"
wrote:

James Farrar wrote:
On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 22:58:07 +0100, Peter Frimberley
wrote:

On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 11:39:20 +0100, James Farrar
wrote:

Heard at London Bridge Jubilee line westbound platform late on Friday
night, an obviously pre-recorded announcement informing us that
"Oyster Pay-As-You-Go is not valid on any National Rail services from
this station".

I despair.

So have you emailed TfL to let them know, or are you just going to
despair in silence?

Well, I could go through the hassle of trawling through the TfL
website to find an email address that probably won't reach the right
person and, even if it does, probably won't result in anything being
done, but life is too short.

In any case, what would be the purpose of the email? Is it to tell TfL
where Oyster is valid, or is it to tell TfL what announcements they are
making?

You'd think they'd already know both.

You would, but clearly they don't, so a simple note to TfL requesting
them to check the staff at London Bridge, and telling them the
date/time so they can work out which individual probably made the
wrong announcement,

It was a pre-recorded message.

In a situation like this, I wouldn't be inclined to tell the culprits
what they were doing wrong. ("Did you bother to point out to the
mugger that theft is illegal?") They ought to know both what
announcements they are making and what the validity of Oyster is.

This is against a background of general scamminess and injustice
related to Oyster, so there isn't any underpinning trust and assumption
of goodwill.

Therefore I would go direct to London Travelwatch and other authorities
rather than bother emailing TfL.

Posting it on this forum was useful, because it alerts other readers to
similar scams which they can complain about.