Old October 3rd 06, 01:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default I couldn't have done it without you!

Thanks to those of you who helped with my predicament headed 'Rush hour
virgin' last month. (Paul Corfield, Dave Newt, Colin Rosenstiel, Dave
Arquati and asdf)

Well today was the day and as advised I caught the 7:14 from Hackbridge and
went the long way round to avoid changing trains. All was well until
Streatham when it got so packed that I had three people sitting on my lap
(it felt like they were anyway). I started to panic about getting off at
Farringdon and having to somehow get past all those people. I even
considered going past Farringdon to Kings Cross and getting a taxi back!
Anyway it thinned out a bit at Blackfriars and I moved nearer the doors.
Quite a lot of people got off at Farringdon and I was swept along with the
crowds a bit. I eventually found the exit and was able to breathe again -
the first time since Hackbridge!

I really appreciate your help guys - I would never have realised that I
could do it without changing trains without your guidance.

The final part to this saga is that when I got there the course I was to
attend had been cancelled and nobody had thought to tell me!! I was sooooo
f***ed off after all the effort that had gone into my journey. Anyway, the
course is to be re-scheduled so I guess I can call it a dry-run.

Just a small problem coming back was that I didn't have the train times with
me for that time of day as I had assumed I would be returning at 5:30pm!!!

I guess I can safely say that I am no longer a rush hour virgin though.

Penn

xxx

Old October 5th 06, 06:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Penny Farthing wrote:
[...]

Bad luck about the course... but like you say, you have the practice in now!

--
Dave Arquati