Old October 4th 06, 12:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Anything interesting this saturday?

My Dad is visiting this saturday; I was wondering if there is anything
transport related happening this weekend in particular?

Old October 4th 06, 12:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london

kytelly ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were
saying :

My Dad is visiting this saturday; I was wondering if there is anything
transport related happening this weekend in particular?

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tube/travelinf...me/planned.asp

Or isn't that what you mean?
Old October 4th 06, 01:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Adrian wrote:
kytelly ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were
saying :

My Dad is visiting this saturday; I was wondering if there is anything
transport related happening this weekend in particular?

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tube/travelinf...me/planned.asp

Or isn't that what you mean?

No Sorry I meant interesting things to go and see.

Old October 5th 06, 08:54 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Yes indeed.

The new all Scania SP class should be out and about on route 148.
There are seven of them, all "56" registrations.

Pictures at:
*
http://ianrivett.fotopic.net/p34792590.html
http://ianrivett.fotopic.net/p34792592.html
http://ianrivett.fotopic.net/p34792588.html
*
and inside the top deck:
http://ianrivett.fotopic.net/p34792584.html
and inside the lower deck:
http://ianrivett.fotopic.net/p34792586.html
*
Hope you enjoy..!!

Ian

Old October 5th 06, 09:21 AM posted to uk.transport.london

kytelly wrote:

Adrian wrote:
kytelly ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were
saying :

My Dad is visiting this saturday; I was wondering if there is anything
transport related happening this weekend in particular?

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tube/travelinf...me/planned.asp

Or isn't that what you mean?

No Sorry I meant interesting things to go and see.

It's not what you're after but nontheless it could be "interesting" (as
in generally chaotic!):

http://www.virgintrains.co.uk/engineering/default.aspx

Saturday, 7 Oct 06.

"Services to and from London Euston will start and terminate at Harrow
& Wealdstone all day. Passengers are advised to change onto London
Undergrounds Bakerloo Line for onward connections. Passengers with
bicycles will need to travel on Silverlink Metro's due to London
Underground restrictions."

Alternatively you could take him on the DLR's new City Airport
extension, possibly getting off to explore the Thames Barrier Park at
Pontoon Dock station.

http://www.thamesbarrierpark.org.uk/

Incidentally nothing moves at the airport between 12:30pm saturday to
12:30pm sunday. This 24 hours of quiet is one of the restrictions
placed on the airport.

Plus if you're in the area you could travel on the North London Line
between North Woolwich and Canning Town, which is due to close soon.
North Woolwich is just around the corner from King George V DLR
station, the terminus of the extension - at least for now - a tunnel is
being dug from there to take the DLR to Woolwich. I think you can see
some of the construction work from the King George V station (but don't
hold me to that!).

Old October 5th 06, 10:14 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Mizter T wrote:
kytelly wrote:

Adrian wrote:
[...]

Year I was thinking of this actually, think he might have gone on the
NLL but not the DLR. And the Thames Barrier itself is probably worth a
visit

Old October 5th 06, 10:47 AM posted to uk.transport.london
mcf mcf is offline

"kytelly" wrote in message
oups.com...

Mizter T wrote:
kytelly wrote:

Adrian wrote:
[...]

If you go to see the Thames Barrier, you might to wait until Sunday, when I
believe it will be closed.

http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk...62880/?lang=_e

Old October 5th 06, 03:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 5 Oct 2006, mcf wrote:

If you go to see the Thames Barrier, you might to wait until Sunday,
when I believe it will be closed.

Heh. One of the few attractions that's better when closed than open!

tom

--
see im down wid yo sci fi crew
Old October 5th 06, 06:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Ian Rivett wrote:
Yes indeed.

The new all Scania SP class should be out and about on route 148.
There are seven of them, all "56" registrations.

Pictures at:
*
http://ianrivett.fotopic.net/p34792590.html
http://ianrivett.fotopic.net/p34792592.html
http://ianrivett.fotopic.net/p34792588.html
*
and inside the top deck:
http://ianrivett.fotopic.net/p34792584.html
and inside the lower deck:
http://ianrivett.fotopic.net/p34792586.html
*
Hope you enjoy..!!

The front reminds me (unfortunately) of a Range Rover. And surely that
isn't an electronic blind I see on the front - or is it just wound round
to a blank patch?

I don't like the look of the outside (too boxy - I prefer whatever the
fairly new buses they sometimes run on the 148/49 are) but the inside
looks pleasant enough.

At the moment, I avoid the 148 - the burst water main on Bayswater Road
makes the evening peak services on 94 and 148 west of Queensway pretty
unusable, with big gaps in service, bad bunching and severe overcrowding
(I had to wait for about 20 mins and the fourth bus at Notting Hill Gate
yesterday - in retrospect I should have just walked).

--
Dave Arquati
Old October 6th 06, 10:10 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Tom Anderson wrote:
On Thu, 5 Oct 2006, mcf wrote:

If you go to see the Thames Barrier, you might to wait until Sunday,
when I believe it will be closed.

Heh. One of the few attractions that's better when closed than open!

tom

Ok Next question is where is the best place to veiw the Barrier? From
the park itself?