Old October 17th 06, 10:38 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Kev Kev is offline

Default Traffic Jams in SE London

Does anybody know what is causing the huge tailbacks in Evelyn Street
approaching Surrey Quays for traffic heading into central London? The
tailbacks go all the was past Greenwich.

Kevin

Old October 18th 06, 03:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Kev" wrote in message
oups.com...
Does anybody know what is causing the huge tailbacks in Evelyn Street
approaching Surrey Quays for traffic heading into central London? The
tailbacks go all the was past Greenwich.

Too many bus lanes around the one-way section and up to the Rotherhithe
tunnel, plus roadworks between the tunnel entrance and Bermondsey tube
station (although it's only the bus lane which is closed - really it's the
bus lane which is the problem, not the roadworks). For the last couple of
mornings there's been a big queue into the tunnel too so I wonder if there's
something up on the north side where the tunnels exits.
Me? I use the bus lanes on my motorcycle :-) There's very few cameras and
even if I get caught, it's worth it for the amount of time I save...

Pete

Old October 18th 06, 04:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 17 Oct 2006 03:38:53 -0700, "Kev" wrote:

Does anybody know what is causing the huge tailbacks in Evelyn Street
approaching Surrey Quays for traffic heading into central London? The
tailbacks go all the was past Greenwich.

Kevin

Kens phasing of the traffic lights to cause maximum disrution. He can
then justify extending the congestion zone saying it will cut
congestion!

Dave
Old October 19th 06, 07:07 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Dave wrote:
On 17 Oct 2006 03:38:53 -0700, "Kev" wrote:

Does anybody know what is causing the huge tailbacks in Evelyn Street
approaching Surrey Quays for traffic heading into central London? The
tailbacks go all the was past Greenwich.

Kevin

Kens phasing of the traffic lights to cause maximum disrution. He can
then justify extending the congestion zone saying it will cut
congestion!

I remember being stuck in a bus in a gridlock in New Cross at about
0300 (that's morning).

The driver said it was quite normal, and all it took was for one taxi
to stop outside the Venue.