London Banter

-   -   Pimlico Station Question (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/4607-pimlico-station-question.html)

Ian Jelf October 19th 06 07:09 AM

Pimlico Station Question

Can someone here tell me how the different exits from Pimlico
underground station are labelled? I need to specify a meeting point
more exactly than "Pimlico tube". I've a feeling that one of them is
"Bessborough Street" or similar but advice form more regular users would
be appreciated!
--
Ian Jelf, MITG
Birmingham, UK

http://www.bluebadge.demon.co.uk

[email protected] October 19th 06 07:57 AM

Pimlico Station Question

Bessborough St (north side) would be the main entry - you could say
'corner of Bessborough and Rampayne' to be safe (after a glance at A
to Z). Really, it's a tiny station, won't be a problem.

Ian F. October 19th 06 08:14 AM

Pimlico Station Question

"Ian Jelf" wrote in message

Can someone here tell me how the different exits from Pimlico
underground station are labelled?

All I've noticed is that the signage to Tate Britain points you in totally
the wrong direction!

Ian

Ian Jelf October 19th 06 08:56 AM

Pimlico Station Question

In message . com,
writes
Bessborough St (north side) would be the main entry - you could say
'corner of Bessborough and Rampayne' to be safe (after a glance at A
to Z). Really, it's a tiny station, won't be a problem.

The problem I have is that it's to meet a group and I always arrange to
do so *outside* any stations. The last thing a Tube station needs is a
group of people hanging around for 20 minutes getting in the way.

Although Pimlico is tiny, when you come out of the barriers there are at
least two alternative street exits and I want to know which one to tell
people to take, hence my enquiry about the exact labelling of those
exits. If one (and only one) mentions Bessborough Street (North Side),
than that will be fine!

Thanks for your prompt help on this.

John Rowland October 19th 06 09:27 AM

Pimlico Station Question

Ian Jelf wrote:

Although Pimlico is tiny, when you come out of the barriers there are
at least two alternative street exits and I want to know which one to
tell people to take

Can't you pick up half the crowd at one entrance and then pick up the other
half at the other?

Ian Jelf October 19th 06 10:36 AM

Pimlico Station Question

In message , John Rowland
writes
Ian Jelf wrote:

Although Pimlico is tiny, when you come out of the barriers there are
at least two alternative street exits and I want to know which one to
tell people to take

Can't you pick up half the crowd at one entrance and then pick up the other
half at the other?

To quote a well-known commercial of a few years ago:

"Because life's complicated enough"!

d October 19th 06 06:39 PM

Pimlico Station Question

"Ian F." wrote in message
"Ian Jelf" wrote in message

Can someone here tell me how the different exits from Pimlico underground
station are labelled?

All I've noticed is that the signage to Tate Britain points you in totally
the wrong direction!

Which is quite possibly a great thing :)

Ian