Old October 21st 06, 08:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster Online registration

Should I be able to create an account on line using an existing PAYG card,
and then see the journey history? I have a (correct) balance showing but the
history part says I still need to register the card. Seems a bit daft or is
it not retrospective...?

Paul

Old October 21st 06, 09:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Paul Scott" wrote in message
Should I be able to create an account on line using an existing PAYG card,
and then see the journey history? I have a (correct) balance showing but
the history part says I still need to register the card. Seems a bit daft
or is it not retrospective...?

It's asying that you need to register the card to a person,
not to the website.

Have you done this?

tim

Old October 21st 06, 09:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"tim(yet another new home)" wrote in message

"Paul Scott" wrote in message
Should I be able to create an account on line using an existing PAYG
card, and then see the journey history? I have a (correct) balance
showing but the history part says I still need to register the card.
Seems a bit daft or is it not retrospective...?

It's asying that you need to register the card to a person,
not to the website.

Have you done this?

tim

Not on a piece of paper at a LU station, no.

I've had the card (unregistered PAYG) a couple of months, and tonight I
created an online account so I could top it up, which worked fine as
expected, but when I check journey history it still says I need to register
it, despite having provided all the personal data necessary to creat the
online account... Seems a bit odd thats all.

Paul

Old October 22nd 06, 08:37 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Paul Scott" wrote in message
Should I be able to create an account on line using an existing PAYG
card, and then see the journey history? I have a (correct) balance
showing but the history part says I still need to register the card.
Seems a bit daft or is it not retrospective...?

It's asying that you need to register the card to a person,
not to the website.

Have you done this?

tim

Not on a piece of paper at a LU station, no.

this is your problem then.

I've had the card (unregistered PAYG) a couple of months, and tonight I
created an online account so I could top it up, which worked fine as
expected, but when I check journey history it still says I need to
register it, despite having provided all the personal data necessary to
creat the online account... Seems a bit odd thats all.

I suppose that they think that somebody could hijack an
Oyster card account and use the journey details for some
nefarious reason.

There isn't much that that somone can do with 'credit balance'
and no-one is going to complain if a third party tops up their
card.

tim

Old October 22nd 06, 05:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Should I be able to create an account on line using an existing PAYG card,
and then see the journey history? I have a (correct) balance showing but
the history part says I still need to register the card. Seems a bit daft
or is it not retrospective...?

You might find that you can't see the journey history unless you have
actually topped up online. There are certainly some issues in that regard.