London Banter

-   -   District line, High St Kensington/Earls Court (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/471-district-line-high-st-kensington.html)

Robin Mayes August 4th 03 02:54 PM

District line, High St Kensington/Earls Court

"PhilD" wrote in message
om...
Distance information required!

I've had a look at the Quail diagram, and at
http://www.davros.org/rail/culg/district.html, and both *appear* to me
to have a discrepancy.

As I understand it, the "mileage" (what is the correct term for metric
units?)

Kilometerage?

Steve Moore August 4th 03 04:42 PM

"Robin Mayes" wrote in message

"PhilD" wrote in message
om...
Distance information required!

I've had a look at the Quail diagram, and at
http://www.davros.org/rail/culg/district.html, and both *appear*

to me
to have a discrepancy.

As I understand it, the "mileage" (what is the correct term for

metric
units?)

Kilometerage?

The term 'chainage' is still used in many cases

Cast_Iron August 4th 03 05:00 PM

"PhilD" wrote in message
om...
Distance information required!

I've had a look at the Quail diagram, and at
http://www.davros.org/rail/culg/district.html, and both
*appear* to me to have a discrepancy.

As I understand it, the "mileage" (what is the correct
term for metric units?)

Kilometerage?

The term 'chainage' is still used in many cases

But is it used by LU in this context?

Hugo L. August 4th 03 06:57 PM

District line, High St Kensington/Earls Court

As I understand it, the "mileage" (what is the correct term for metric
units?)

Kilometerage?

under the Portuguese/Spanish/French languages (wich are latin, as is
english), that is precisely the used expression (taking the translation into
account of course (Quilometragem (port) = Kilometerage))...so in English it
will probably be correct

Regards

Hugo

"Robin Mayes" escreveu na mensagem