London Banter

-   -   BBC News - "Mayor calls for music-free buses" (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/4718-bbc-news-mayor-calls-music.html)

Mizter T November 23rd 06 04:22 PM

BBC News - "Mayor calls for music-free buses"

....but the T&G union isn't at all keen on their members having to
enforce such a rule, fearing they may be assaulted.

Paul Weaver November 23rd 06 05:59 PM

Mizter T wrote:

...but the T&G union isn't at all keen on their members having to
enforce such a rule, fearing they may be assaulted.

Don't blame 'em. The solution is to refuse to drive the bus while there
are scum on board.

[email protected] November 24th 06 12:35 AM

Paul Weaver wrote:

Mizter T wrote:

...but the T&G union isn't at all keen on their members having to
enforce such a rule, fearing they may be assaulted.

Don't blame 'em. The solution is to refuse to drive the bus while there
are scum on board.

Well, that would mean hardly a bus being driven anywhere in London!

Marc.

John Rowland November 24th 06 02:04 AM

Paul Weaver wrote:
Mizter T wrote:

...but the T&G union isn't at all keen on their members having to
enforce such a rule, fearing they may be assaulted.

Don't blame 'em. The solution is to refuse to drive the bus while
there are scum on board.

Since the scum in question are probably not actually going anywhere but are
just using the free buses as a "hanging out" place, that would not bother
them.

Paul Weaver November 24th 06 09:36 AM

John Rowland wrote:
Paul Weaver wrote:
Mizter T wrote:

...but the T&G union isn't at all keen on their members having to
enforce such a rule, fearing they may be assaulted.

Don't blame 'em. The solution is to refuse to drive the bus while
there are scum on board.

Since the scum in question are probably not actually going anywhere but are
just using the free buses as a "hanging out" place, that would not bother
them.

But would bother the passangers enough to forcibly evict them, and the
drive has a nice safe trip.

Neil Williams November 24th 06 09:59 AM

Paul Weaver wrote:

Don't blame 'em. The solution is to refuse to drive the bus while there
are scum on board.

That's what they normally do if someone is causing trouble. Just stop
the engine and wait for the person to leave, or for someone else to get
frustrated enough to throw them off. Generally seems to work.

Neil

Earl Purple November 24th 06 12:31 PM

Neil Williams wrote:
Paul Weaver wrote:

Don't blame 'em. The solution is to refuse to drive the bus while there
are scum on board.

That's what they normally do if someone is causing trouble. Just stop
the engine and wait for the person to leave, or for someone else to get
frustrated enough to throw them off. Generally seems to work.

Neil

I'd rather the bus driver just "got on with it" and drove, rather than
standing still because of someone playing music. I'd rather have a
noisy bus than a stationary one.

asdf November 24th 06 12:44 PM

On 23 Nov 2006 10:59:11 -0800, Paul Weaver wrote:

...but the T&G union isn't at all keen on their members having to
enforce such a rule, fearing they may be assaulted.

Don't blame 'em. The solution is to refuse to drive the bus while there
are scum on board.

Such a policy would be what's known in computing as a
"denial-of-service vulnerability".

AndyColeman November 24th 06 02:22 PM

Mizter T wrote:

...but the T&G union isn't at all keen on their members having to
enforce such a rule, fearing they may be assaulted.

I have never understood the attraction of listening to music coming out
of some small device such as a mobile phone using it's built in
speaker. Usualy the quality of the sound is terrible and I think in
most cases people do it just to draw attention to themselves.

Andy

Paul Weaver November 24th 06 08:19 PM

AndyColeman wrote:
I have never understood the attraction of listening to music coming out
of some small device such as a mobile phone using it's built in
speaker.

If you were listening to these tunes, you wouldn't appreciate music.

Usualy the quality of the sound is terrible and I think in

Decent speakers wouldn't make any difference

most cases people do it just to draw attention to themselves.

Of course, it's "Look at me, I'm a ******!"

Sadly it seems to work, some scum at Tonbridge the other week were
hanging arround. Another scum came along and stood some distance away,
playing some tinny noise. A couple of minutes later the first group of
scum go over and start talking about how good it is.