Old November 27th 06, 02:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Folkestone---- London

Hello everybody !

My husband and I would like to go to London by train, departure from
Folkestone (Kent) to London (for our anniversary).

How can we have the best price to departure on a saturday (very early)
and go back on sunday afternoon.

Is it better to book our places on internet or on the place ?

Is there a place to park our car, not too expansive for two days ?

Thank you very much for your anwswer.

Michèle

Old November 27th 06, 03:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Michèle wrote:

Is it better to book our places on internet or on the place ?

www.nationalrail.co.uk/planmyjourney will tell you fares, but on a
commuter route like this there are unlikely to be cheap book-in-advance
fares.

Most station parking is expensive, so you may do well to get to the
station by another means, e.g. taxi.

Neil

Old November 27th 06, 03:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In ,
Michèle typed:

My husband and I would like to go to London by train, departure from
Folkestone (Kent) to London (for our anniversary).

How can we have the best price to departure on a saturday (very early)
and go back on sunday afternoon.

Is it better to book our places on internet or on the place ?

Is there a place to park our car, not too expansive for two days ?

You will find that there are two trains an hour from Folkestone Central
to London (Charing Cross or Waterloo) on a Saturday morning and one
return train each hour on a Sunday afternoon and evening. Journey time
is just over 1½ hours, although alternate trains on Saturday morning
miss several smaller stations and complete the journey about 10 minutes
quicker.You can get the times he

http://ojp2.nationalrail.co.uk/en/pj/jp

The appropriate ticket for the journey would be the Network AwayBreak
which costs £24.80. It is the same price whether you buy it in advance
on the internet or from the station on the day of travel.

There is a car-park at the station with 62 spaces. I am not sure of the
price of parking at weekends.

You should be aware that engineering works often cause disruption to
services at weekends. You will find advance notice of engineering works
which will affect SouthEastern Trains services (which serve Folkestone)
he

http://www.southeasternrailway.co.uk...hp?page_id=301

HTH

--
Bob

Old November 27th 06, 03:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london

I earlier wrote:

There is a car-park at the station with 62 spaces. I am not sure of
the price of parking at weekends.

I have just checked with Central Parking Systems. Parking at Folkestone
Central is free at weekends. (£2.20 a day during the week)

--
Bob

Old November 27th 06, 03:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Neil Williams a utilisé son clavier pour écrire :
Michèle wrote:

Is it better to book our places on internet or on the place ?

www.nationalrail.co.uk/planmyjourney will tell you fares, but on a
commuter route like this there are unlikely to be cheap book-in-advance
fares.

Most station parking is expensive, so you may do well to get to the
station by another means, e.g. taxi.

Neil

Thanks for your answer.

Old November 27th 06, 04:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Bob Wood wrote:

I have just checked with Central Parking Systems. Parking at Folkestone
Central is free at weekends. (£2.20 a day during the week)

Unusually reasonable for the South East...

(That said, ISTR Bletchley might be free at weekends)

Neil

Old November 27th 06, 06:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Michèle" wrote in message

My husband and I would like to go to London by train, departure from
Folkestone (Kent) to London (for our anniversary).

Do you live in France? If so, there are easier ways to get to London.

Ian

Old November 28th 06, 04:31 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Ian F. a écrit :
"Michèle" wrote in message

My husband and I would like to go to London by train, departure from
Folkestone (Kent) to London (for our anniversary).

Do you live in France? If so, there are easier ways to get to London.

Ian

Hello Ian,

Yes, we are living in France, but I was searching for a non-using-car
way to get to London.

Michèle

Old November 28th 06, 09:25 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Michèle wrote:

Hello everybody !

My husband and I would like to go to London by train, departure from
Folkestone (Kent) to London (for our anniversary).

How can we have the best price to departure on a saturday (very early)
and go back on sunday afternoon.

Is it better to book our places on internet or on the place ?

Is there a place to park our car, not too expansive for two days ?

Thank you very much for your anwswer.

Michèle

Where in London are you planning to go? It's a big place.
I assume the West End for the theatres, restaurants, bars and shopping.

I'm not anti public transport but from Folkestone I would drive into
the outskirts of London
Along the A2 to the Dome for example and park up there and get the tube
in.
Depending on the car you drive it'll probably work out the same or
cheaper than parking your car at Folkestone and getting the train for
two of you. Plus it's a lot more convenient.

Journey time will be a little longer but not by much.

Sorry for those of you who don't like cars.