Old December 2nd 06, 04:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Silverlink's last journey south of Stratford next Saturday

Anyone considering going on this journey?

What is the last journey anyway, is it Stratford to North Woolwich (which
would be the most emotive) or North Woolwich to Stratford (which would be
the most logical, since it won't leave a train stranded in North Woolwich!)

Old December 2nd 06, 07:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Tristán White wrote:
Anyone considering going on this journey?

What is the last journey anyway, is it Stratford to North Woolwich (which
would be the most emotive) or North Woolwich to Stratford (which would be
the most logical, since it won't leave a train stranded in North Woolwich!)

The very last "normal" journey is the 2337 ex North Woolwich on Friday.
A special will run the next day for invited guests only; the gen says
that the special will be run by 313101, possibly to be named
"Silvertown".

Old December 2nd 06, 08:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Is that really right? On the Silverlink website, it says:

"The Stratford-North Woolwich service, currently operated by Silverlink
Metro, will be withdrawn with effect from Sunday 10 December 2006."

I make it that the last train would therefore be 23:36 Sunday night. Do
you have a more "inside" source of information

http://www.silverlink-trains.com/tem...le.aspx?id=752

Old December 2nd 06, 08:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote in message
ups.com...
The very last "normal" journey is the 2337 ex North Woolwich on Friday.
A special will run the next day for invited guests only; the gen says
that the special will be run by 313101, possibly to be named
"Silvertown".

Is that really right? On the Silverlink website, it says:

"The Stratford-North Woolwich service, currently operated by Silverlink
Metro, will be withdrawn with effect from Sunday 10 December 2006."

I make it that the last train would therefore be 23:36 Sunday night. Do
you have a more "inside" source of information

http://www.silverlink-trains.com/tem...le.aspx?id=752

Not an "inside" source, but Sunday 10th is the first day of the *new*
timetable [without a service to North Woolwich.] The last day of the old
service is Saturday 9th, with the last service at 23:37.

Confirmed by
http://www.silverlink-trains.com/upl...0v04a%20aw.pdf
(linked from the page you quoted, Jason).

[The special is on the Sunday, I believe.]
--
David Biddulph

Old December 2nd 06, 11:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"David Biddulph" wrote in
:

ups.com...

http://www.silverlink-trains.com/upl...%20v04a%20aw.p
df (linked from the page you quoted, Jason).

[The special is on the Sunday, I believe.]

If you find out more the time of the special, please post it here.

Old December 3rd 06, 09:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Tristán White" wrote in message
09.145...
"David Biddulph" wrote in
:

wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

This from the Silverlink Yahoo list:
"On Sunday 10th December at 11.15 at Stratford station, platform 2, to mark
160 years of the North Woolwich rail service a silverlink train will be
named "Silvertown" and then make the last silverlink journey to North
Woolwich."
and
"The train will *NOT* be in public passenger service. It will be by
invitation only and media/press."
--
David Biddulph

Old December 4th 06, 08:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london

David Biddulph wrote:
"Tristán White" wrote in message
09.145...
"David Biddulph" wrote in
:

wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Is this a new fashion for railway closures? I notice they also did
this with the Shoreditch closure - making the last train a special by
invitation only and keeping us 'plebs' out.

Presumably they're celebrating it because, like Shoreditch, part of the
route will re-open in a new guise.

They didn't bother celebrating the (Jubilee) Charing Cross closure like
this. I believe I may have been on the last train. Not deliberately -
I was just there late that night and needed a train but when I got to
the platform there was a photographer and a few LUL managers posing.
Not many other passengers though!

Old December 5th 06, 07:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london

I suppose if Sunday's train doesn't carry fare-paying passengers then
it stands to reason that Saturday's 23:37 departure *is* the "last"
service train and anything else doesn't count.