London Banter

-   -   blackwall tunnel morning lane closures (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/4760-blackwall-tunnel-morning-lane-closures.html)

[email protected] December 6th 06 09:32 PM

blackwall tunnel morning lane closures

Does anyone have the specific times when they close a lane for the
southern approach (going south).
Not sure whether they do it as they see fit, up to know, it's been
consistent, one lane closing at 7:50am until around 8:50am (weekdays
only), but today, it seems to have been earlier.

I wish they had built a 4 lane tunnel, an absolute pain, I feel sorry
for the folk making their way northbound, those queus are even longer!

Kev December 7th 06 08:35 AM

wrote:

Does anyone have the specific times when they close a lane for the
southern approach (going south).
Not sure whether they do it as they see fit, up to know, it's been
consistent, one lane closing at 7:50am until around 8:50am (weekdays
only), but today, it seems to have been earlier.

I wish they had built a 4 lane tunnel, an absolute pain, I feel sorry
for the folk making their way northbound, those queus are even longer!

I suppose that the bridge planned a bit further down stream is meant to
relieve the congestion. Don't hold your breath though.

Kevin

Mizter T December 9th 06 11:07 AM

Kev wrote:

wrote:

Does anyone have the specific times when they close a lane for the
southern approach (going south).
Not sure whether they do it as they see fit, up to know, it's been
consistent, one lane closing at 7:50am until around 8:50am (weekdays
only), but today, it seems to have been earlier.

I wish they had built a 4 lane tunnel, an absolute pain, I feel sorry
for the folk making their way northbound, those queus are even longer!

I suppose that the bridge planned a bit further down stream is meant to
relieve the congestion. Don't hold your breath though.

Kevin

For all the criticism of the route of the Jubilee Line extension it
definitely does provide three very useful river crossing points in that
part of east London, with important bus interchanges at three of the
stations (Canada Water, North Greenwich and Canning Town) helping to
facilitate such cross-river journeys.

Not much help if you need to take a vehicle to the other side of the
Thames during the congested morning rush of course!

[email protected] December 11th 06 11:48 AM

wrote:
Does anyone have the specific times when they close a lane for the
southern approach (going south).
Not sure whether they do it as they see fit, up to know, it's been
consistent, one lane closing at 7:50am until around 8:50am (weekdays
only), but today, it seems to have been earlier.

I wish they had built a 4 lane tunnel, an absolute pain, I feel sorry
for the folk making their way northbound, those queus are even longer!

Tidal flow is introduced by the police dependent on traffic flows from
around 6:30am to around 8:30am. It does not run continuously through
this period. During any one morning, tidal flow may be implemented up
to three or four times, for periods of between 15 and 30 minutes at a
time. When flow in the tidal flow lane drops to the point that there
are gaps in the traffic, tidal flow is withdrawn.