Old December 8th 06, 08:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default fare cost info

What's the capped cost of using a pay as you go Oyster for a day with
travel on buses and tube in zones 1 and 2? Does it make any difference
if some fares were in the morning peak?

thx

E.

Old December 8th 06, 09:47 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message ,
eastender writes
What's the capped cost of using a pay as you go Oyster for a day with
travel on buses and tube in zones 1 and 2? Does it make any difference
if some fares were in the morning peak?

thx

E.

Prices are capped at the level a daily travel card , so if your
individual fare do not come to more than 5.80 the you are charged the
lower.
--
martyn dawe
Old December 8th 06, 10:17 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
martyn dawe wrote:

In message ,
eastender writes
What's the capped cost of using a pay as you go Oyster for a day with
travel on buses and tube in zones 1 and 2? Does it make any difference
if some fares were in the morning peak?

thx

E.

Prices are capped at the level a daily travel card , so if your
individual fare do not come to more than 5.80 the you are charged the
lower.

How do you get ?5.80? On the TFL site, a one day travel cost with peak
travel is ?6.20:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/fares-tick...card-day.shtml

is the oyster set a bit lower?

E.
Old December 8th 06, 12:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message ,
eastender writes
In article ,
martyn dawe wrote:

In message ,
eastender writes
What's the capped cost of using a pay as you go Oyster for a day with
travel on buses and tube in zones 1 and 2? Does it make any difference
if some fares were in the morning peak?

thx

E.

Prices are capped at the level a daily travel card , so if your
individual fare do not come to more than 5.80 the you are charged the
lower.

How do you get ?5.80? On the TFL site, a one day travel cost with peak
travel is ?6.20:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/fares-tick...card-day.shtml

is the oyster set a bit lower?

E.

According to the oyster capping on the TFL web site , using tube ,DLR &
some nation rail the price is capped at £5.70(peak) and £4.40 off peak
for zones 1 & 2.
--
martyn dawe
Old December 8th 06, 02:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

martyn dawe wrote:

According to the oyster capping on the TFL web site , using tube ,DLR &
some nation rail the price is capped at £5.70(peak) and £4.40 off peak
for zones 1 & 2.

So it is lower than a travelcard - can you provide the link to the page? I
couldn't find it - the site is designed by someone with the brain of a dead
wombat.

E.

Old December 8th 06, 02:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"eastender" wrote in message
martyn dawe wrote:

According to the oyster capping on the TFL web site , using tube ,DLR &
some nation rail the price is capped at £5.70(peak) and £4.40 off peak
for zones 1 & 2.

So it is lower than a travelcard - can you provide the link to the page? I
couldn't find it - the site is designed by someone with the brain of a
dead
wombat.

E.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/fares-tick...ubedlr-4.shtml

Paul

Old December 8th 06, 02:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Scott wrote:

"http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/fares-tickets/2006/single/tubedlr-4.shtml

Ah, it's under single fares - now I know how wombats think.

E.

Old December 8th 06, 06:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 08 Dec 2006 15:49:03 +0000, eastender
wrote in :
Paul Scott wrote:

"http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/fares-tickets/2006/single/tubedlr-4.shtml

Ah, it's under single fares - now I know how wombats think.

"I'll just amble across this forest track. I know there's a Holden
ute bearing down on me, but I've got a lower centre of gravity and I _know_
who'll come off second-best in the collision."

--
Ivan Reid, Electronic & Computer Engineering, ___ CMS Collaboration,
Brunel University. ] Room 40-1-B12, CERN
Old December 8th 06, 10:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , eastender
writes
martyn dawe wrote:

According to the oyster capping on the TFL web site , using tube ,DLR &
some nation rail the price is capped at £5.70(peak) and £4.40 off peak
for zones 1 & 2.

So it is lower than a travelcard - can you provide the link to the page? I
couldn't find it - the site is designed by someone with the brain of a dead
wombat.

E.

Go to the main page, click on tickets & oyster, click on the Oyster help
graphic in blue on left, click on download Oyster guide, sorry cant cut
& past the link my system will not let me.
--
martyn dawe
Old December 11th 06, 03:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Dr Ivan D. Reid" wrote:

"I'll just amble across this forest track. I know there's a Holden
ute bearing down on me, but I've got a lower centre of gravity and I _know_
who'll come off second-best in the collision."

And the reference is?

E.