London Banter

-   -   New Cross to Aldgate (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/4774-new-cross-aldgate.html)

Heather December 11th 06 11:14 AM

New Cross to Aldgate

Hello,

We must take the train to go from New Cross to Aldgate, we stay in
Aldgate for the week-end and shall travel only in the zone 1 and come
back to New Cross on Sunday evening.
Is it preferable to take a one-day-travelcard or to buy a ticket New
Cross to Aldgate first and then buy a one-day-travel card after ?
We are two people.

Thanks,
and excuse my english

Bob Wood December 11th 06 12:01 PM

New Cross to Aldgate

In ,
Heather typed:

We must take the train to go from New Cross to Aldgate, we stay in
Aldgate for the week-end and shall travel only in the zone 1 and come
back to New Cross on Sunday evening.
Is it preferable to take a one-day-travelcard or to buy a ticket New
Cross to Aldgate first and then buy a one-day-travel card after ?
We are two people.

New Cross is in Zone 2. There is no travelcard for zone 1 only - the
cheapest travel card covering Zone 1 is the Zone 1-2 travelcard. There
is no reason therefore for you consider getting a separate ticket from
New Cross to Aldgate.

The other alternative you might want to consider, as it seems that you
are unlikely to use National Rail services, is to get an Oystercard -
this would cap your daily travel at £0.50 less than the travelcard. You
would however need to pay a £3 deposit on each Oystercard - and if you
will not be using it again, you would need to make arrangements to hand
the cards in and have your deposit and any remaining credit refunded.
You may feel that this is not worth the inconvenience and decide to use
travelcards.

--
Bob

Heather December 11th 06 12:54 PM

New Cross to Aldgate

Bob :

The other alternative you might want to consider, as it seems that you
are unlikely to use National Rail services, is to get an Oystercard -
this would cap your daily travel at £0.50 less than the travelcard. You
would however need to pay a £3 deposit on each Oystercard - and if you
will not be using it again, you would need to make arrangements to hand
the cards in and have your deposit and any remaining credit refunded.
You may feel that this is not worth the inconvenience and decide to use
travelcards.

Thank you very much for your informations.