London Banter

-   -   Traffic light in the London Area (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/4846-traffic-light-london-area.html)

[email protected] January 3rd 07 10:14 PM

Traffic light in the London Area

Who controls the traffic lights in London. A number of years back it
was transferred to the City of London after the GLC was abolished. Has
it now been transferred to TFL ?

Does anyone have an email contact for that section - I could not find
anything specific on the TFL website apart from the general enquiry
email address.

David Biddulph January 3rd 07 10:58 PM

Traffic light in the London Area

oups.com...

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/streets/dtm/signals.shtml
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/streets/contact_home.shtml
--
David Biddulph

Olof Lagerkvist January 3rd 07 10:59 PM

wrote:

Who controls the traffic lights in London. A number of years back it
was transferred to the City of London after the GLC was abolished. Has
it now been transferred to TFL ?

Yes, they are nowadays managed by Streets section of TfL.
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/streets/

Does anyone have an email contact for that section - I could not find
anything specific on the TFL website apart from the general enquiry
email address.

If it is about reporting a fault, check this:
http://streetfaults.tfl.gov.uk/

Otherwise, I don't know. Guess the general address for Street enqueries
could be used:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/streets/contact_home.shtml

--
Olof Lagerkvist
ICQ: 724451

Richard J. January 3rd 07 11:11 PM

wrote:
Who controls the traffic lights in London. A number of years back
it was transferred to the City of London after the GLC was
abolished. Has it now been transferred to TFL ?

Yes, all traffic lights in London are controlled by TfL Street
Management.

Does anyone have an email contact for that section - I could not
find anything specific on the TFL website apart from the general
enquiry email address.

You can report traffic light faults via
http://streetfaults.tfl.gov.uk/

Other contact information is at