London Banter

-   -   c2c storms ahead with introduction of Oyster (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/4895-c2c-storms-ahead-introduction-oyster.html)

Chris Read January 19th 07 10:04 PM

c2c storms ahead with introduction of Oyster

"Jack Taylor" wrote:

Despite what Barry Doe continually bleats, there is little or no
commercial justification for the existence of the Sudburys and stopping at
them interferes with the running of fast services.

To make matters even worse for Bazza, those trains which do stop at the
Sudburys are lacking both First Class and a restaurant car!

Chris

DavidC January 20th 07 09:58 AM

c2c storms ahead with introduction of Oyster

On 18 Jan 2007 14:59:40 -0800, "Matthew Dickinson"
wrote:

Does anyone know when we might find out.

No but complete and utter speculation might suggest the normal ODTC plus
out boundary return price less 50p.

For reference, the ODTC fares for Ockendon, Chafford Hundred and Grays
are £14 peak and £11 offpeak.

Dagenham Dock is £11.20 peak and £6.70 offpeak.
Rainham is £13.20 peak and £6.70 offpeak

Much to my surprise, there is a weekend discounted ODTC as well, £8.00
from Chafford Huindred, Grays, etc.

DC

Mizter T January 20th 07 12:34 PM

wrote:

Does anyone know when we might find out.

No but complete and utter speculation might suggest the normal ODTC plus
out boundary return price less 50p.

For reference, the ODTC fares for Ockendon, Chafford Hundred and Grays
are £14 peak and £11 offpeak.

Dagenham Dock is £11.20 peak and £6.70 offpeak.
Rainham is £13.20 peak and £6.70 offpeak

Much to my surprise, there is a weekend discounted ODTC as well, £8.00
from Chafford Huindred, Grays, etc.

DC

AIUI TOCs are free to offer Family Travelcards and Weekend Travelcards
from out-boundary stations (i.e. those outside the London zones), even
though neither of these ticketing products are still available within
London any more (largely because promoting Oyster is incompatible with
them).