Old August 7th 03, 03:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Driver in Trouble over Stone Throwers

I have heard by another enthusiast who was talking to me at Upminster today
that there is a Driver from Connex who is in trouble for throwing his tea
over stone throwers at an unstaffed station. Does anyone know any more? Soon
we will have stone throwers everywhere looking for a claim whilst security
guards deal with photographers.

--
To reply direct, Remove NOSPAM and Replace with 21fun

Old August 7th 03, 09:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 15:39:55 +0100, "Joe Patrick"
wrote:

I have heard by another enthusiast who was talking to me at Upminster today
that there is a Driver from Connex who is in trouble for throwing his tea
over stone throwers at an unstaffed station.

Pity it wasnt acid.

greg

--
$ReplyAddress =~ s#\@.*$##; # Delete everything after the '@'
Alley Gator. With those hypnotic big green eyes
Old August 7th 03, 10:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london
CJG CJG is offline

In message , Greg Hennessy
writes
Pity it wasnt acid.

Yeah lets throw acid over 8 year old bored children who don't see the
difference between "fun" and "dangerous acts putting lives at risk"
That was sarcasm by the way before you all agree with the above
statement.
--
CJG
Old August 8th 03, 11:24 AM posted to uk.transport.london

CJG wrote the following in:
news
In message , Greg
Hennessy writes
Pity it wasnt acid.

Yeah lets throw acid over 8 year old bored children who don't see
the difference between "fun" and "dangerous acts putting lives at
risk"

Actually, it's not that they don't know. They just don't care.

--
message by Robin May, founder of International Boyism
"Would Inspector Sands please go to the Operations Room immediately."

Unofficially immune to hangovers.
Old August 8th 03, 02:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 22:04:41 +0100, CJG
wrote:

In message , Greg Hennessy
writes
Pity it wasnt acid.

Yeah lets throw acid over 8 year old bored children who don't see the
difference between "fun" and "dangerous acts putting lives at risk"

Any properly raised 8 year will be acutely aware of the difference.

greg

Old August 8th 03, 05:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london
CJG CJG is offline

In message , Greg Hennessy
writes
Any properly raised 8 year will be acutely aware of the difference.

And its amazing how adults have hazy memories. And the vandalism they
did when they were young suddenly becomes just a bit of fun.

I could swing the statement "maybe if contractors didn't leave so much
crap along the train lines there wouldn't be any ammo for the kids to
lob at the trains" around but then I would just get abuse. Poor old me.
Im going to cry into my pillow now.
--
CJG
Old August 8th 03, 07:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 8 Aug 2003 17:05:44 +0100, CJG
wrote:

In message , Greg Hennessy
writes
Any properly raised 8 year will be acutely aware of the difference.

And its amazing how adults have hazy memories.

Not this one.

And the vandalism they
did when they were young suddenly becomes just a bit of fun.

As an eight year I would have been acutely aware of the consequences of
throwing stones at a train.

I could swing the statement "maybe if contractors didn't leave so much
crap along the train lines there wouldn't be any ammo for the kids to
lob at the trains" around but then I would just get abuse.

Because its typical do gooder tosh attempting to mitigate anti social
behaviour by scum.

greg

Old August 8th 03, 10:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
"Joe Patrick" wrote:

I have heard by another enthusiast who was talking to me at Upminster today
that there is a Driver from Connex who is in trouble for throwing his tea
over stone throwers at an unstaffed station. Does anyone know any more? Soon
we will have stone throwers everywhere looking for a claim whilst security
guards deal with photographers.

If anyone finds out who the driver was - let me know. I'd gladly either
a) buy him a drink or b) go to the disciplinary hearing to speak up on
his behalf. Or maybe both.

Strangely enough, I was once hit in the head (1 cm above the left eye)
by a stone thrown at a train I was travelling on (the stone was a
palm-sized flint that smashed a window on its way to meet with my
forehead). Being hit by a rock was a surprisingly ****ty experience, but
then again, I suppose unexpected and uninvited violence often is. Now,
as then, I don't care tuppence if the perpetrators are minors. If kids
want to grow up early - let them - and let them deal with the
consequences also.

Regards,

Charlie
Old August 8th 03, 11:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london

CJG wrote:
In message , Greg Hennessy
writes
Any properly raised 8 year will be acutely aware of the difference.

And its amazing how adults have hazy memories. And the vandalism they
did when they were young suddenly becomes just a bit of fun.

I could swing the statement "maybe if contractors didn't leave so much
crap along the train lines there wouldn't be any ammo for the kids to
lob at the trains" around but then I would just get abuse.

But you were saying in the GNER/HEAT thread only the other day "Well
apparently part of the problem is not enough gravel/stones." So do you want
to take all the ballast away so that kids don't have any stones to throw, or
do you want the trains to run?

--
Richard J.

Old August 10th 03, 08:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

CJG wrote:
In message
, Richard
J. writes
But you were saying in the GNER/HEAT thread only the other
day "Well apparently part of the problem is not enough
gravel/stones." So do you want to take all the ballast
away so that kids don't have any stones to throw, or do
you want the trains to run?

I was actually talking about the huge chunks of concrete,
pieces of wood which are littered along the track and kids
love to put on to train lines to see the trains smash them
(especially in the Worthing area). Maybe if L.U. and other
train companies explained to us exactly why the heat poses
a problem (other that "Metal expands when its hot). And
provided exact information about how this will effect us.
And provided relief from the inconvenience. We wouldn't
grab at random straws thrown at us from the media.

Why not save yourself some stress and anguish and stop clutching. By so
doing it may even come to pass that the press stop throwing them at you.