London Banter

-   -   Raynes Park this morning (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/5039-raynes-park-morning.html)

Neillw001 March 5th 07 08:32 AM

Raynes Park this morning

Any idea what is happening at Raynes Park? Someone just told me the
station is cordoned off by police and trains are not stopping in
either direction, contrary to what is being offically reported.

Neill

Paul Terry March 5th 07 10:07 AM

Raynes Park this morning

In message . com,
Neillw001 writes

Any idea what is happening at Raynes Park? Someone just told me the
station is cordoned off by police and trains are not stopping in
either direction, contrary to what is being offically reported.

According to the NR website, an "incident" (reported at 6.43 but with no
estimated time for clearance). Only outbound services are not stopping.
Inbound services to Waterloo are not affected.
--
Paul Terry

Ookpik March 5th 07 06:52 PM

Raynes Park this morning

http://www.wimbledonguardian.co.uk/n...on_be nch.php

"Paul Terry" wrote in message
In message . com,
Neillw001 writes

PeterG March 5th 07 10:51 PM

Raynes Park this morning

On Mar 5, 7:52 pm, "Ookpik"
wrote:
http://www.wimbledonguardian.co.uk/n...lay.var.123568...

"Paul Terry" wrote in message

In message . com,
Neillw001 writes

Any idea what is happening at Raynes Park? Someone just told me the
station is cordoned off by police and trains are not stopping in
either direction, contrary to what is being offically reported.

According to the NR website, an "incident" (reported at 6.43 but with no
estimated time for clearance). Only outbound services are not stopping.
Inbound services to Waterloo are not affected.
--
Paul Terry

Quote from the Guardian site using above link "Trains are not stopping
on the two down platforms at Raynes Park, going away from London.
People are advised to use local bus services or get a train from
Wimbledon." Should that not be get a train from New Malden or Motspur
Park/

Peter

Ookpik March 6th 07 08:40 PM

Raynes Park this morning

"PeterG" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Mar 5, 7:52 pm, "Ookpik"
wrote:
http://www.wimbledonguardian.co.uk/n...lay.var.123568...

Quote from the Guardian site using above link "Trains are not stopping
on the two down platforms at Raynes Park, going away from London.
People are advised to use local bus services or get a train from
Wimbledon." Should that not be get a train from New Malden or Motspur
Park/

Peter

Only platforms 3 and 4 were closed, so the best way to get south of Raynes
Park was to take a train from platforms 1 or 2 to Wimbledon, from where you
could join the service for your chosen destination.