London Banter

-   -   Diamond West Midlands Bus Story (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/5044-diamond-west-midlands-bus-story.html)

John Rowland March 9th 07 02:34 PM

Diamond West Midlands Bus Story

Clive Coleman. wrote:
In message , Joyce Whitchurch
writes
I remember the driver of a double decker on one of those once a day
route variations having to do a three point turn in the entrance to a
farmer's field, somewhere outside Woodstock. That was over 30 years
ago.

Don't know about now, but then, it was illegal to reverse then until
you'd detrained.

The driver of an already-detrained bus blocking Chalk Farm Road a few weeks
ago told me that it is illegal to reverse a bus without police presence.

asdf March 9th 07 02:45 PM

On Fri, 9 Mar 2007 15:34:19 -0000, John Rowland wrote:

I remember the driver of a double decker on one of those once a day
route variations having to do a three point turn in the entrance to a
farmer's field, somewhere outside Woodstock. That was over 30 years
ago.

Don't know about now, but then, it was illegal to reverse then until
you'd detrained.

The driver of an already-detrained bus blocking Chalk Farm Road...

A debussed bus, surely?

Paul Scott March 9th 07 06:30 PM

"John Rowland" wrote in message
Clive Coleman. wrote:
In message , Joyce Whitchurch
writes
I remember the driver of a double decker on one of those once a day
route variations having to do a three point turn in the entrance to a
farmer's field, somewhere outside Woodstock. That was over 30 years
ago.

Don't know about now, but then, it was illegal to reverse then until
you'd detrained.

The driver of an already-detrained bus blocking Chalk Farm Road a few
weeks ago told me that it is illegal to reverse a bus without police
presence.

Thats why you _always_ see the police behind buses reversing out of bus
station bays all over the country is it?

Paul