Old March 9th 07, 11:38 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default St Pancras station

"Paul Scott" wrote in message

If you enter the new ticket hall access from in front of St Pancras
Station and turn to the left and then right, before descending the steps
on you right, you will see façades facing you which will be removed when
the under croft area for HS1 is completed, this give access to all areas
of the under croft stretching right to the area below where the present
entrance is for MML.

I thought I'd repost the link to the undercroft drawing, from last
November. You can see the 4 openings marked at the far left of the main
'arcade' through the undercroft. Note the shopping facilities - they
really are trying to make it more like an airport...

http://www.stpancras.com/UploadDocs/....v9outline.pdf

I think its also apparent from the drawing, and some of the photos appearing
in the last few days, that there will be further escalators and stairs from
the undercroft level to the mezzanine level for the use of MML passengers on
the western side of the train shed; also the stairs (alongside the current
escalators) up to the MML platforms are not shown on the drawings, last time
I was at St Pancras I had the idea they were only temporary quality, I think
they might be taken out or replaced in due course.

The effect of all this is that arrivals from MML will be able to walk all
the way along the main level to the front of the trainshed presumably
exiting through the St Pancras forecourt; or descending to undercroft level
at any of three or four different places and heading for the Met/Circle
station, or leaving directly at the various pedestrian or taxi pickup exits
at the sides of the building...

Paul

Old March 9th 07, 11:46 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"John Hearns" wrote in message
Paul Scott wrote:

I thought I'd repost the link to the undercroft drawing, from last
November. You can see the 4 openings marked at the far left of the main
'arcade' through the undercroft. Note the shopping facilities - they
really are trying to make it more like an airport...

And why not?
The current shops underneath the Eurostar platforms at Waterloo are very
welcome - you can get yourself a coffee or a magazine for the journey.
I'm not sure about a shirt - though the shops obviously have a market.

At the Brussels end there is a parade of sparkly new shops now (OK, new
since last year)

I don't disagree with the concept of shops for travellers per se, I do
wonder if they are trying to make the station a shopping destination in its
own right... It will be interesting if it becomes a local shopping centre
for the future 'Railway lands' office and residential development...

Paul

Old March 10th 07, 10:57 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 9 Mar 2007, John Hearns wrote:

Paul Scott wrote:

I thought I'd repost the link to the undercroft drawing, from last
November. You can see the 4 openings marked at the far left of the main
'arcade' through the undercroft. Note the shopping facilities - they
really are trying to make it more like an airport...

And why not? The current shops underneath the Eurostar platforms at
Waterloo are very welcome - you can get yourself a coffee or a magazine
for the journey. I'm not sure about a shirt - though the shops obviously
have a market.

I bought a tie ad Paddington a few months ago. I was on my way to a
cousin's wedding, and the tie i had didn't really match my shirt, so i
picked up a better one on the way. I can imagine that the abiility to buy
a shirt at Waterloo has saved more than one person's bacon in the past!

tom

--
Is that dark pixel a prox mine or a bullet hole? HERE COME THE PROX MINE
SWEATS! -- D
Old March 10th 07, 09:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Tom Anderson wrote:

I bought a tie ad Paddington a few months ago. I was on my way to a
cousin's wedding, and the tie i had didn't really match my shirt, so i
picked up a better one on the way. I can imagine that the abiility to
buy a shirt at Waterloo has saved more than one person's bacon in the past!

You mean meat and two veg.
(Unnecessary John Wayne Bobbit reference).
Old March 12th 07, 05:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london

After passing through STP today I noticed that they've just installed a
new departure/arrival display screen (like the display screen in front
of the MML platforms) - this particular one (which is mounted on the
wall to the right of the existing individual display screens located at
street level) has 8 departure displays, 4 arrival displays and two
clocks (one analog, one digital). However the screens only bear *Welcome
to St Pancras Station* at this time.

By the way, is there any chance that MML passengers can reach STP via
Midland Road before November?

Old March 14th 07, 08:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london

snip
they might be taken out or replaced in due course.

The effect of all this is that arrivals from MML will be able to walk all
the way along the main level to the front of the trainshed presumably
exiting through the St Pancras forecourt; or descending to undercroft level
at any of three or four different places and heading for the Met/Circle
station, or leaving directly at the various pedestrian or taxi pickup exits
at the sides of the building...

Paul

As far as I am aware there is no intention to allow access/exit at the
plate form level in to the forecourt at St Pancras which is on the
Euston Road, there will as now installed be exit entrance at the Euston
Road level into the LUL Ticket Hall. The £80 fine for Dropping and
collecting passengers in unauthorised places will in due course be
extended to whole complex to dissuade traffic problems.

Chr1s
Old March 14th 07, 10:46 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Sky Rider wrote:
After passing through STP today I noticed that they've just installed a
new departure/arrival display screen (like the display screen in front
of the MML platforms) - this particular one (which is mounted on the
wall to the right of the existing individual display screens located at
street level) has 8 departure displays, 4 arrival displays and two
clocks (one analog, one digital). However the screens only bear *Welcome
to St Pancras Station* at this time.

By the way, is there any chance that MML passengers can reach STP via
Midland Road before November?

Further to my last post
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/press-cent....asp?prID=1078
For Taxi and disabled restrictions fine will be £100 for infraction
Chris
Old March 14th 07, 02:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"chr1s" wrote in message
snip
[...]

There doesn't seem to be any reason why pedestrians shouldn't exit directly
to the Euston Rd, surely? Not everyone has to be picked up/dropped off by
public transport or car...

Paul

Old March 18th 07, 05:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 09:48:14 +0000, chr1s
wrote:

snip
[...]

Access from Pancras Road via the old steps seems to be envisaged - the
steps are still there, complete with art nouveau 'St Pancras Station'
sign. (Though I suspect the subtle difference between this and the
adjacent LU 'Kings Cross St Pancras Station' sign, without roundel,
will confuse many visitors.)
--
Peter Lawrence