London Banter

-   -   Foxy DLR (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/5064-foxy-dlr.html)

alex_t March 9th 07 05:56 PM

Foxy DLR

I just saw fox running near the rails at the Bow Church DLR station :-
It ran through the length of the platform, then crossed the rails and
went to the garden nearby.

March 9th 07 07:22 PM

Foxy DLR

"alex_t" wrote in message
oups.com...
I just saw fox running near the rails at the Bow Church DLR station :-
It ran through the length of the platform, then crossed the rails and
went to the garden nearby.

Did he remember to touch in and touch out to avoid paying the maximum fair?

March 9th 07 07:24 PM

Foxy DLR

wrote in message

"alex_t" wrote in message
oups.com...
I just saw fox running near the rails at the Bow Church DLR station :-
It ran through the length of the platform, then crossed the rails and
went to the garden nearby.

Did he remember to touch in and touch out to avoid paying the maximum
fair?

Fare even.

alex_t March 9th 07 07:35 PM

Foxy DLR

Did he remember to touch in and touch out to avoid paying the maximum fair?

:-D
LOL, doubt it!

Ian Jelf March 9th 07 08:02 PM

Foxy DLR

In message ,
writes

"alex_t" wrote in message
roups.com...
I just saw fox running near the rails at the Bow Church DLR station :-
It ran through the length of the platform, then crossed the rails and
went to the garden nearby.

Did he remember to touch in and touch out to avoid paying the maximum fair?

"Coffee spattered on keyboard and monitor" moment! :-))
--
Ian Jelf, MITG
Birmingham, UK

http://www.bluebadge.demon.co.uk

MIG March 10th 07 06:59 AM

Foxy DLR

On Mar 9, 6:56 pm, "alex_t" wrote:
I just saw fox running near the rails at the Bow Church DLR station :-
It ran through the length of the platform, then crossed the rails and
went to the garden nearby.

I was a bit more surprised when I saw a fox come down from the
footbridge and wander across platform 5/6 at London Bridge, given that
the whole station is on a viaduct.

March 11th 07 06:42 PM

Foxy DLR

"alex_t" wrote in message
oups.com...

Did he remember to touch in and touch out to avoid paying the maximum
fair?

:-D
LOL, doubt it!

He will be charged the maximum fare then and will receive a letter adivising
him.

alex_t March 12th 07 08:16 AM

Foxy DLR

I was a bit more surprised when I saw a fox come down from the
footbridge and wander across platform 5/6 at London Bridge, given that
the whole station is on a viaduct.

Well, until then I haven't see any fox in London at all. At least now
I understand that those fox-like "dogs" I see sometimes are actually
foxes! (which was quite unbelievable for a foreigner)

martyn dawe March 12th 07 09:36 AM

Foxy DLR

On 9 Mar 2007 23:59:18 -0800, "MIG"
wrote:

On Mar 9, 6:56 pm, "alex_t" wrote:
I just saw fox running near the rails at the Bow Church DLR station :-
It ran through the length of the platform, then crossed the rails and
went to the garden nearby.

I was a bit more surprised when I saw a fox come down from the
footbridge and wander across platform 5/6 at London Bridge, given that
the whole station is on a viaduct.

there are polenty of fox's in the city , I saw one in my road eating
the remains of someone's rejected takeaway.

MIG March 12th 07 10:53 AM

Foxy DLR

On Mar 12, 10:36 am, Martyn Dawe wrote:
On 9 Mar 2007 23:59:18 -0800, "MIG"
wrote:

On Mar 9, 6:56 pm, "alex_t" wrote:
I just saw fox running near the rails at the Bow Church DLR station :-
It ran through the length of the platform, then crossed the rails and
went to the garden nearby.

I was a bit more surprised when I saw a fox come down from the
footbridge and wander across platform 5/6 at London Bridge, given that
the whole station is on a viaduct.

there are polenty of fox's in the city , I saw one in my road eating
the remains of someone's rejected takeaway.

That's what I expect it was after at London Bridge, but there's
usually some kind of undisturbed land nearby, eg railway embankment or
abandoned garden. I am not sure where there is any such land at
London Bridge station.