London Banter

-   -   Marble Arch Demo? Sunday (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/5075-marble-arch-demo-sunday.html)

Albert March 12th 07 02:36 PM

Marble Arch Demo? Sunday

Does anyone know what was causing the chaos from Grosvenor Place all the way
up Park Lane to Marble Arch yesterday afternoon.

Seemed as if it might have been some kind of demo.

But then maybe not??

Albert March 12th 07 03:21 PM

Marble Arch Demo? Sunday

wrote in message
On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 15:36:51 -0000, "Albert"
wrote:

Does anyone know what was causing the chaos from Grosvenor Place all the
way
up Park Lane to Marble Arch yesterday afternoon.

Seemed as if it might have been some kind of demo.

But then maybe not??

Maybe not indeed traffic around here is particularly bad on a Sunday
afternoon and we are miles away from London I try to avoid using the
car over the weekend these days .

Oh no. This was far worse than when I have been there before. There was a
crowd of people at Marble Arch and the police had several lanes coned off.
There was definitely something going on to cause this problem, and I
wondered what it was.

Paul Terry March 12th 07 04:29 PM

Marble Arch Demo? Sunday

In message , Albert
writes

There was a crowd of people at Marble Arch and the police had several
lanes coned off. There was definitely something going on to cause this
problem, and I wondered what it was.

Perhaps a rehearsal for next Sunday's St Patrick's Day parade? I believe
it starts at Hyde Park Corner.
--
Paul Terry

Dr J R Stockton March 13th 07 07:59 PM

Marble Arch Demo? Sunday

In uk.transport.london message ,
Mon, 12 Mar 2007 15:36:51, Albert posted:
Does anyone know what was causing the chaos from Grosvenor Place all the way
up Park Lane to Marble Arch yesterday afternoon.

Shias.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/main.jhtml?xml=/opinion/2007/03/13/do1303.xml

--
(c) John Stockton, Surrey, UK. Turnpike v6.05 MIME.
Web URL:http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/ - FAQqish topics, acronyms & links;

James Farrar March 14th 07 12:28 AM

Marble Arch Demo? Sunday

On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 20:59:26 +0000, Dr J R Stockton
wrote:

In uk.transport.london message ,
Mon, 12 Mar 2007 15:36:51, Albert posted:
Does anyone know what was causing the chaos from Grosvenor Place all the way
up Park Lane to Marble Arch yesterday afternoon.

Shias.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/main.jhtml?xml=/opinion/2007/03/13/do1303.xml

The first rant on that is instructive. The moral is, check train times
before travelling!

Michael Hoffman March 14th 07 08:09 AM

Marble Arch Demo? Sunday

James Farrar wrote:

The first rant on that is instructive. The moral is, check train times
before travelling!

Also that Daily Telegraph columnists lack the sense to do so even on a
weekend.
--
Michael Hoffman