Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 12th 07, 06:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Annual Travelcard on Oyster

I have a Z1-3 annual Travelcard loaded onto my Oyster. I have a few
questions:-

- Is this valid on all National Rail routes within zones 1-3? E.g.
the North London Line or Waterloo-Wimbledon? Do guards just examine
the Oyster or do they have those handheld devices which detect an
annual from a PAYG?

- If I don't touch in, will I incur a penalty when I touch out or will
they system assume I started my journey within Z1-3? Today, I got a
FCC train from Luton Airport, and forgot to touch in upon arrival at
KX Thameslink but I did touch out at Kensington Olympia. Similarly,
what happens if I touch in but don't touch out? Will the system
assume I ended my journey within Z1-3? For instance, I can touch in
at Blackhorse Road but obviously not touch out at a Silverlink Metro
station.

- If I want to make a journey to, say, Virginia Water, can I ask the
SWT clerk for a Cheap Day Return from Boundary Zone 3 to Virginia
Water after presenting my Oystercard?

- If I board a Bendybus and don't touch in, will I be penalised if a
RPI checks my Oyster, or does the penalty fare scheme only apply to
PAYG?

I used to be on PAYG, so the switch is pretty confusing. Thanks for
your help.