London Banter

-   -   Southampton to Waterloo in just 9 hours... (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/511-southampton-waterloo-just-9-hours.html)

Phil Richards August 8th 03 08:26 PM

Southampton to Waterloo in just 9 hours...

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/articles/6139305

--
Phil Richards
London, N4

Acrosticus August 8th 03 09:03 PM

Southampton to Waterloo in just 9 hours...

From: Phil Richards
Date: 08/08/2003 21:26 GMT Daylight Time

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/articles/6139305

Yeah, great isn't it! Average speed about 8.1 mph when "Notwork Rail" have only
slapped a 60 mph restriction arbitrarily over the whole system.

Can we have BR back please? We might have maligned them quite a bit, but it now
looks like they knew how to run a railway.

Stuart Meech August 8th 03 11:39 PM

From: Phil Richards
Date: 08/08/2003 21:26 GMT Daylight Time

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/articles/6139305

Yeah, great isn't it! Average speed about 8.1 mph when "Notwork Rail" have

only
slapped a 60 mph restriction arbitrarily over the whole system.

Can we have BR back please? We might have maligned them quite a bit, but

it now
looks like they knew how to run a railway.

Er someone did die you know, not really the fault of anyone....

Stu

Robin May August 9th 03 12:25 AM

Phil Richards wrote the following in:

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/articles/6139305

Disgusting.

Someone dies and all people can think about is the delay it caused
them.

--
message by Robin May, founder of International Boyism
"Would Inspector Sands please go to the Operations Room immediately."

Unofficially immune to hangovers.

Victor West August 9th 03 10:09 AM

"Robin May" wrote in message
Phil Richards wrote the following in:

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/articles/6139305

Disgusting.

Someone dies and all people can think about is the delay it caused
them.

--

Perhaps you should be thankful that nobody died on the train.

Victor

Acrosticus August 9th 03 03:08 PM

Southampton to Waterloo in just 9 hours...

From: "Stuart Meech" SPAM
Date: 09/08/2003 00:39 GMT Daylight Time

Er someone did die you know, not really the fault of anyone....

Yeah this was some unqualified guy with a big builder's bum wasn't it, and not
a properly qualified platelayer at all? Would never have got a job on the track
in BR days but is there now that safety has become so lax as to be laughable.
His fault then: although it's unfortunate that you pointed it out to begin with
because some people could say that it lacked taste.

CJG August 10th 03 06:29 PM

Southampton to Waterloo in just 9 hours...

In message , Stuart Meech
writes

Er someone did die you know, not really the fault of anyone...

And its surprising 100 people crammed onto a one carriage train for
three hours with no water no-one died there either.
And SWT response was "Some passengers did encounter a certain level of
bad luck...."
--
CJG