London Banter

-   -   stansted express delay (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/5114-stansted-express-delay.html)

[email protected] March 20th 07 09:29 PM

stansted express delay

Hi,

Yesterday on March 19th I have been using your train to get from
Liverpool Street to Stansted airport. Because of train delay (approx
45-50 minutes) and longer trip as usual I was too late at the boarding
gate and I have missed the flight. Ryanair charged me 100GBP for
change of destination city, I've paid another 40 GBP for a train and I
have been 8 hours later at destination than I should be. Is there any
chance to get refund/compensation from them ?

Hubert

asdf March 20th 07 09:39 PM

stansted express delay

On 20 Mar 2007 15:29:02 -0700, wrote:

Yesterday on March 19th I have been using your train to get from
Liverpool Street to Stansted airport. Because of train delay (approx
45-50 minutes) and longer trip as usual I was too late at the boarding
gate and I have missed the flight. Ryanair charged me 100GBP for
change of destination city, I've paid another 40 GBP for a train and I
have been 8 hours later at destination than I should be. Is there any
chance to get refund/compensation from them ?

The most you'll get is a refund of the train fare; on the railways
there is no compensation for consequential loss. However, you should
be able to claim the money back through your travel insurance (if you
had any).

Richard J. March 20th 07 09:49 PM

stansted express delay

wrote:
Hi,

Yesterday on March 19th I have been using your train to get from
Liverpool Street to Stansted airport. Because of train delay (approx
45-50 minutes) and longer trip as usual I was too late at the
boarding gate and I have missed the flight. Ryanair charged me
100GBP for change of destination city, I've paid another 40 GBP for
a train and I have been 8 hours later at destination than I should
be. Is there any chance to get refund/compensation from them ?

Yes, you should be able to obtain some compensation from Stansted
Express, but normally it is in the form of vouchers towards the cost of
future rail journeys.

Stansted Express is part of the group known as "one". Their Passenger
Charter is at
http://www.onerailway.com/upload/Pas...er%20Sep06.pdf
and includes this:

"If your journey with 'one' is delayed between 30 and 59 minutes, you
may claim compensation under our 'Delay Repay' scheme irrespective of
what caused the delay.

We will pay compensation to the value of at least 50% of the cost of a
single ticket or 50% of the cost of either portion of a return ticket.
By "portion"
we mean either the outward or return part of a return ticket. ... If
your journey is delayed by 60 minutes or more we will double the amount
you will receive.

Compensation will normally be paid in National Rail vouchers, which can
be used as payment of (or part payment towards) any National Rail
ticket, including season tickets."

Details of how to claim are given at
http://www.onerailway.com/templates/...c.aspx?id=2146

However, if you had travel insurance, it might be better to claim on
that.
--
Richard J.

[email protected] March 20th 07 09:50 PM

stansted express delay

asdf wrote:

The most you'll get is a refund of the train fare; on the railways
there is no compensation for consequential loss. However, you should
be able to claim the money back through your travel insurance (if you
had any).

Unfortunately I didn't have any ...

Best regards,
Hubert